Thread: Anti reflex glass to laser cover

Default Anti reflex glass to laser cover

Hi
    I'm looking for Anti reflex glass to my laser cover. Quation is: What is difference between normal anti reflex glass like that what I can buy in shop like to pictures but antireflex as from laser equipment shop. difference is in the price ;] some more? quality?

best regards, Maciej

I bought a 2" square from Edmunds Optics for not much money at all. I think it is called a "window" in their catalog. It's a few millimeters thick. They have other sizes and shapes. Price was not bad. I haven't actually tried it to see what kind of transmission losses I get but the specs looked good in their catalog. I plan on eventually adding it to the front of my scanner when I get time.

I expect that regular AR glass is just slightly frosted, in which case I would think that it will disperse the beam.

Jim

Try looking at a UV filter for a standard camera, make sure it's one without any tint on it!. They're quite cheap, easily available from your local photography store, and usually have very good transmission spec's. They're round and have a threaded metal rim on them which is ideal for fitting into a correct size hole on the front of your projector. In addition you can also fit a standard camera lens cover onto them to protect the surface when the projector's not in use

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by www.ultrashow.pl View Post
    Hi
    I'm looking for Anti reflex glass to my laser cover. Quation is: What is difference between normal anti reflex glass like that what I can buy in shop like to pictures but antireflex as from laser equipment shop. difference is in the price ;] some more? quality?

best regards, Maciej
    Hi Maciej
    always the normal glass without coating, just like BK7, it will had about 4% reflection each face, then 2 faces will had about 8% reflection, with coating, for single wavelength, we can reduce each face reflection lower to 0.1%, so 2 faces reflect loss is only 0.2%, a little absorb loss, can up to 99.7% transmission, also because of coating will protect the glass, so we always used coated glass for window.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge