Thread: Blanking, analogue, TTL, help please!

Default Blanking, analogue, TTL, help please!

Ok, so i understand the difference between the on/off and the 'dimmable' nature of the 2....

What i'm not sure about is...

I have 2 single colour green lasers (bought assembled, using Scaneco scanners and lasers of unknown origin), and I'm not sure if they are TTL or anaolgue.

I suspect TTL, although i wouldn't know for sure. How would you find this out?

I'm in the process of buying an FB3 eval kit, but have just noticed that it only supports TTL when not using USB (which I would be)

(Note that TTL can only be used to control the FB3 if USB is not being used.)
    Now, i'm not sure I've got this right, because surely the FB3 generates the TTL output for the laser, not the FB3 being controlled by TTL, or am i hopelessly confused by this?

My big concern is that I purchase the FB3 and then find that I can't control my lasers with it due to the analogue output and my laser requiring TTL.

Can anyone give me a quick synopsis of how this works, if analogue can be used as a switch (which I'm assuming TTL is) to control TTL. I compare it to a lighting dimmer pack that can also function as a switch pack if that makes sense.

Many (n00b) thanks (in a moderately embarrassed way!)

Analog outputs can be used to control a TTL laser, just use full on and full off as the output. To find if a laser supports analog, slowly ramp your analog output, and if the laser slowly brightens with it, it is, however if the laser at some point suddenly or quickly gets bright, it's TTL.

The FB3 has TTL inputs to control starting and stopping animations and stuff like that. Those TTL inputs have nothing to do with laser modulation.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was having a small moment of panic!