Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keyswitch recommendation

hi Chad ...

yes i have 1N4003 diodes already there ..... i actualy switch out other shutters as well in my projector, also i have the option of switching the beam to the poly 20 wheel if i have scanner or PC issues ... at least it keeps the show going

i just wanted to keep the diagram simple to understand

all the best ... Karl

Guys... is there any reason I cannot just put a remote switch on the ttl line?

I have a plan to put a key to reset stop button in the ttl line (remote... so plugged in to a mini xlr socket on the projector).

Seems a simpler solution than the circuit above.

Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Hi Jem

they are available most places .... a lot of the confusion is in the termology and descriptions suppliers use

for instance in this CPC link this switch does not really describe if the key is removeable or not, but if you click on the further information link it will take you to the Lorlin specs for all the models in this range and it shows
    this model is a single pole, double throw ( change over contact ) switch and says that the key is removable in only one position

so that means .... you can pull the key in either the on or off position, depending on which side of the change over contact you wire the safety circuit

http://cpc.farnell.com/SW02264/compo...IN-SRL-5-E-D-2

sorry if that sounds a bit muddled but ive just got out of bed

all the best .... Karl
    karl

is the switch in this link the one for the job or not. im a little unsure from your post?

thanks
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hey Andy.

Give Rob a buzz as he is stocking Key switches for projectors.

Carl

But yes, what he was saying is that the key switch would work, just depending on how you wire you switch... i.e. which pole is on and which is off.