Thread: Liconix 4240 question

Default Liconix 4240 question

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if the wavelength of the liconix 4240 is designated anywhere in it's model number? I know it's either 325nm or 442nm but I wont know until I get it, unless the specific model numbers tells the details. The model I'm getting is the "4240N".

Any ideas?

That's a 442, I had one of those.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    I had a 68 442 back in high school, 400cuin v8 holly carbs, posi traction rear end, hurst 4 speed it was awesome!

Years later I had a SP 185 HeCD laser it produced around 200 mw of 442.0 get a big fat lens mount it stable and project the output on a white wall. Your eyes will go completely buggy when you see that much speckle, totally awesome dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    I had a 68 442 back in high school, 400cuin v8 holly carbs, posi traction rear end, hurst 4 speed it was awesome!

Years later I had a SP 185 HeCD laser it produced around 200 mw of 442.0 get a big fat lens mount it stable and project the output on a white wall. Your eyes will go completely buggy when you see that much speckle, totally awesome dudes
    Awesome

I cant wait to get it... It's an ebay laser so I guess there's no knowing if it will even work or not, but it comes in all the original packaging, looks like it's in immaculate shape (made in 1991 I believe) and has around 3000 hours on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    So is the 442nm designated by the 'N' in the part number? Or will the equivalent 325nm model have a totally different part number?

Any idea on the rated power of this head? I had no idea how big it was... when they came back to me with a shipping quote of $100 I almost had a heart attack, but then i saw a picture of one next to a s/p 165 head... it looks like it's only a few inches shorter