Thread: Weird problem with Pangolin LiveQ

Default Weird problem with Pangolin LiveQ

Please see attached pix. Basically, when running LiveQ without the Flash Back 3 connected, there is an option for Zoom as well as Position and Rotation. But those options don't appear when the Flash Back 3 is connected.

Board originally came with firmware 6.50, but the software downgraded it to 6.48 when I tried updating it, so don't know if the firmware has anything to do with those options not showing up.

Could those with the FB3 please let me know if you have the same problem or not?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LiveQ.JPG  

LiveQ1.JPG  

Just checked. I have the same board and the same LiveQ build (797), but firmware is still 6.50 and no problem regarding zoom and X Y Z setting.
    Actually I don't have any clue, except to contact Pangolin's experts. (They are always very kind and responsive).
    Are you using Vista?

I too managed to downgrade my firmware to 6.48 with LiveQ, but those zoom/position controls never disappeared. You can update back to 6.50 using showrider I think, at least I could. I'm not so sure that will solve your problem though, but it's worth trying.

How did you update the firmware using Showrider? I checked all the LAStudio programs, but could not find the option for updating firmware.

I'm running XP and have the same problem on both my laptop and desktop.

Thanks

I can't remember exactly how I did, but I think you get a firmware update request if you start an LAStudio program without the FB3 plugged in, and then plug it in at the assign scanner numbers dialog.

Hi Buontinh,

The explanation is really quite simple and is provided below. But may I ask why you just didn't contact Pangolin with this question? Honestly, I appreciate you reaching out to your fellow PL members, and not clogging my inbox with yet another email. But I am just curious...

OK, now for the answer. You must have purchased the FB3 without the DMX daughterboard. It is the DMX Daughterboard that provides these features to LiveQUICK. So, no DMX Daughterboard = no ability to size and rotate and position the images IN REAL TIME with LiveQUICK.

Note that you can still create cues and images and animations that have these things with LiveQUICK. You just can't do it in real time with LiveQUICK. And if you use LAStudio and the Live portion of ShowRider, you can do these things in real time, because LAStudio is computing these thigns in real time in the PC and not on the FB3.

Best regards,

William Benner

While on the topic of LiveQ and weird problems, I have one too...

If LiveQ somehow loses contact with the FB3 board (disconnected, computer goes to sleep mode, etc.) it will start using 100% CPU and become almost impossible to kill. I am running Vista (x86/x64).

I have a similar issue. my fb3 sporadically drops. now, I should note that whenever it has dropped during playback of frames, the laser has blanked by default, but it has required restarting, either of the software or the computer, to regain control. I did encounter some errors during installation, but it's still confusing.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Thanks Bill. That explained it. I didn't want to clog your mailbox with non major issues was the very reason why, as I know LiveQ basically is free software so decided to ask here first before contacting you.