Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FLEM !!!!

If you take a look on the pangolin forums (which was linked to in a thread I started last month about this particular instance of ruining my DLP projector) I believe that it was Bill that stated the first time he heard the DLP accusations they went out and bought a DLP projector and intentionally ruined it. I believe the report said that even a lower power laser can damage the projector. 500mw is more than sufficient and 1watt would cause almost instant damage. I never noticed a static beam on the lens, there was always an image being projected. The lens of the projector could not have taken up more than a half of a percent of my projection zone on my 800mw 532nm.

It is real! Be careful - its not a pleasant experience trying to have a nice night watching a movie with your significant other and find that you have a nice burn in your projector making a nice standard looking graphical X and Y layout - with the burn origin at well the origin [0,0]

I'll load up some pictures of it on the thread I mentioned above. Regarding the 1.2gb zip - I would like to DL it! I need to get the photon fix I have not been able to satisfy recently.

-Max

wow thats pretty crappy man!

i did some quick test shots on my 1D to make sure the sensor was ok and it seems fine... and i had a beam enter the lens a few times (which at that point i was more concerned that i had it pressed to my eye than worried about the sensor, some people were scanning really wide!) but it seems to be allright...

Damn guys, yet another great event! Huge thanks to the Clan for the use of the facility, as well as brining all the neat toys! A 30W CVL?!?! Holy F! The two beam tables with lexel 85's was just fantastic!

Thanks to Adam for organizing another great event! I hate to see that we had so many no-shows, however we still had between 17-20 folks show up.

A big thanks to Ms. Allthat, the lasagna was outstanding as always!

Thanks to everyone else that was there, I had a great time and I am looking forward to the next event!

Talking You Guys Rock

Hey All,

I got back home today and crashed from sitting on the train for 20 hours but, it was worth it. Big thanks to Adam and all who planned and made FLEM II a major success. It was really cool to see all those ILDA guys there as well. Thanks also to Bill Benner for Friday nights get together, teaching us how to tune scanners correctly, and explaining alot of software features in the various Pangolin products. It was very cool
    to finally meet everyone. Here's some pic's from Saturday night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FLEM II 001.jpg  

FLEM II 003.jpg  

FLEM II 005.jpg  

FLEM II 007.jpg  

FLEM II 008.jpg  

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

yaaaa imagelight, excellent shots, great talking with you-
    great to see everybody-

i'm so damn tired, too much going on-... more later-
    go big or go home

Cool

Nice pictures, Mark! I haven't even had time to unload my Jeep yet, but when I do I'll post the few pictures that I managed to take. (Was so busy I didn't have time to snap more than a few shots.)

As far as damaging a camera is concerned, you can also ruin the CCD in your digital camera if you're not careful. I've got about 15 dead pixels in one of my cameras. The damage was caused by less than 500 mw of white light from an RGB projector that was scanning a pattern.

A big thanks to everyone that attended. I had a fantastic time. Hell, if I wasn't so damn tired, I'd say let's do it all over again next weekend. But who am I kidding? I gotta work anyway. Still, there may be time to do one more event before SELEM - assuming there's enough interest.

Adam

pictures are up.... for some reason when you click on an image its putting it on the bottom of the page instead of the top... will have to look into that...

anyhow

link:

http://flecom.fragmachines.com/galle...=FLEM-03-01-08

Nice job with the pictures. They look great.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    pictures are up.... for some reason when you click on an image its putting it on the bottom of the page instead of the top... will have to look into that...

anyhow

link:

http://flecom.fragmachines.com/galle...=FLEM-03-01-08
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

thanks... if anyone wants a larger version of any of them let me know

some highlights:

cona...err bill tweaking some amps...

buffo the conductor!

the old school beam table... argon/He-Ne/DPSS... ended up taking this home

there were way too many great beam shots to pick a few to post!

Thumbs up Amazing Pictures!

Absolutely amazing pictures. The colors in some look unreal. Thanks and I'm glad you took them all. Great job to all those responsible.