Thread: Introduction and question about Laserium

Default Introduction and question about Laserium

It all started about 20 years ago when i visited a local Swiss Disco called Crystal Palace.
    This was the first time i saw a Lasershow.Beside the beamshow my favourite part was the graphic show Walk Like An Egyptian.

In 1990 i could buy 2 second hand Melles Griot red HeNe lasers with a estimated output of 10 mW.
    Then i purchased a Jem Fogger and all the toys from the German ELV company.(LA90 + LSI 7000 , LS90 + LMI 7000 , LI90)

A year later i visited the Laserium at Griffith for the first time.I was blown away!
    The 6 more holidays i did spend in the Us the following decade always started with a direct flight Zurich to LA.
    After the hotel check in the first thing to do was to enjoy a evening show in the Laserium.
    I saw a lot of other great lasershows in Vegas,San Francisco,Orlando,London,Planetarium Munich in Germany
    and in eastern Europe,but appart from some aggressive beamshows into the audience i liked the Laserium shows the most.
    So i was very disappointed in my last holiday in the US in 2002 when Griffith Observatory was closed for renovations
    and even if they reopen there will be no more lasershows.
    So my question is if there are other places in the Us or elswhere with such lasershows??

My last relapse was 3 weeks ago when i got a good deal for a Laserworld RGB Projector with 300mW 660nm, 150mW 532nm
    and 100mW 473nm.
    I already read in this and other forums ,so i knew that i don't buy a Roll Royce and there is a lack of blue and red.
    But since i'm using it in a small room of 9,5 x 4,5 meters and it comes with analogue modulation,USB interface and software
    for 4100 US$ including costs for shipping and custom,i couldn't resist.

I used it for about 15 hours and it complies mostly with my expectations. I'm sitting 6 meters awayand the green is
    a bit aggressive.So i reduced the intensity of the green laser and now also the RGB balance is good for me.
    For beamshows i create figures that come close around me but don't hit my eyes.For Graphics i have a silk like fabric.
    One thing is still bothering me a bit and that's the beamshape of the red diode laser.I knew it's different to the DPSS models.
    I drilled a 2,5 mm hole in a plate and placed it in front of the red laser.For beamshows it's okay but for graphics it's still disturbing.

So if I stay a longer time with this hobby i could replace it with a red DPSS or if a desire for more power appears
    ( usualy only a question of time) i could upgrade to 200 or 300 mW Blue
    or maybe build a second projector myself.

At the moment i'm still busy with learning to use all the features of the software.But i'm sure there will be more questions
    where i'm glad to get some good advice from the members of this forum.

Regards , Thomas

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Welcome to the forum Thomas.
    It's a great place to be if Lasers float your boat !

welcome Thomas
    congratulations,you had your own RGB unit, as here many people still not had RGB unit, but all are want have their own RGB unit and do it themselves.
    I am sure here is the best place for laser hobby to communication and learning, just enjoy it.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Hello and welcome Thomas,

Great to hear from a compatriot here in the forum, I think you're the first
    Where do you live exactly? Maybe we can organize a Swiss laser enthousiast meeting

And glad that now you can admire your own RGB lasershow in your living room... It is a dream for all of us, until we do the step and buy the parts...
    Which software are you running?

Sebastien

Hi Sebastien
    I'm living near Aarau.The included software is the Laserworld Showeditor 2007,
    it should be about the same as the HE Laserscan 3 Software.
    Regards , Thomas

Smile

Hello Thomas! Welcome to PhotonLexicon.

Sounds like you're having fun with your new RGB projector. Glad to hear it. When you get a chance, post some pictures! (We like pictures. )

If you are interested in getting together with other laser enthusiasts, I suggest you look into the LaserFreak organization. They hold meetings in Germany on a fairly regular schedule, and they're supposed to be quite large. Also, our members in the UK have managed to organize a few meets in England... I know that would be a long way to travel for you, but I think the trip would be worth it!

Adam

So you speak not french I think
    I live at Delémont, in Jura, it's not too far...

Did you go to the Laserfreak Swiss meeting last year in august? By the way, do you know the Laserfreak forum? There are almost all the german-speaking swiss guys...
    (edit : Buffo you preceded me for a few seconds about Laserfreak )

About HE Laserscan software, I don't know it a lot... Just tryed, now I use Mamba.

I know the laserfreak forum,just wrote my first thread there.
    At the moment it's not possible for me to travel around,my parents are in need of care ,so i'm tied at home.
    That's also a reason to have a hobby you can do at home.The last 2 years i was involved with my Homecinema HDTV Project.
    Now everything is running fine including HDDVD,Blu Ray and S*Y HD,so after 15 years i started again with laser.
    The time is passing very fast while creating new figures and shows.

@sbk
    sorry,my French is very bad,only used English for foreign language the last 25 years.