Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ahhhh-- White-light at last...

Yeah it just looks like crap at a distance. Beam quality not what it should be, if I had lots of money to experiment with or access to an optics lab, I might be able to do something. I'm not giving up tho I cant combine 2 of 'em like I want to do with the present set-up. I wrote that cheezy thing last nite and waz going to delete it now but..oops..too late. I've tried the optics in that aixiz, Aaron, but yeah, I may break it out again and try w/ diff combinations, thanks.

Steve-o, after studying this photo carefully, I think you may have a slight issue with near field and far-field convergence. Ya might want to see if you can clean that up a bit to make everything look nice.

Joking aside, you gonna put a scan head on that thing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rgb2.JPG  

Hey Dave,
    Yeah the trouble is the ole law of optical physics- wide line at the ap; good far-field spot (small line) and vice-versa. I think I'm getting closer tho. The 636 diodes are really nice and bright and I want to use them (especially 'cause they cost a small fortune, and no refund on special order electronics from mitsu). Yes, when the red is done the rgb projector re-assembly will begin, complete with G-124 scanners. I think I'm gonna need some bigger mirrors for 'em though.

I'm getting really tired of trying to design my own optics.. does anybody know if this 'kit' sucks or if it's good-- I may buy one, it's 50 bucks. (The LDM3300- [3356 for 635 optics])

<edit> Possibly the #3500 or 4200 series kits might be better suited for this though.. aaaahhhh... frustration...setting in...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LDMKITS.pdf  

Last edited by steve-o; 03-08-2008 at 16:32.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    I'm getting really tired of trying to design my own optics.. does anybody know if this 'kit' sucks or if it's good-- I may buy one, it's 50 bucks. (The LDM3300- [3356 for 635 optics])

<edit> Possibly the #3500 or 4200 series kits might be better suited for this though.. aaaahhhh... frustration...setting in...
    Hello Steve,
    if you only need the optics lens, maybe we can give you one free if we had the chance.
    only problem is shipping.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

DZ- You mean I need to line 'em up better than that? hehe..
    Last edited by steve-o; 03-16-2008 at 10:34.

Default 636 project

Well, the rod lenses from edbunds and Ben's anamorphic prisms are on the way in a few days..
    Until then, with some more tweaking I got the beam spot (rectangle) down to 32mm x 14mm @ >50 ft. I did get a smaller spot size but was too much loss.
    Its 15x3 mm at the aperature though. At 6 ft it's 5 x 5 mm. Sooo, if I bounce it off of mirrors inside the projector back and forth a few (6) times I'll have 5mm to hit the scanner mirrors.. Screwy way to do it huh?
    After all the losses I'll probably be getting 80mw of power out of it, but a can add another diode and overdrive them to 360 ma max according to the spec sheet (at a reduced lifespan of course). It's set at 285 ma nominal now. So around 200mW of 636 is what- about 5 times as bright, y'all came up with that figure at FLEM, right?.. so, it'd be about like a watt of 660.... hopefully..
    As far as this being a Marconi and me project, it's starting to look like I'm on my own. He's real busy and has his back problems. I talked to him the other day on the phone and BTW- he said the LaserWave is still in the closet burning away I asked him to post about that, but he wants to take pics 1st. (Everyone knows how 'We Like Picys') -heh-