Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get Well Soon Rob ( stanwax)

Wink Get well soon big yin

Its no real excuse most hospitals have access by the bed nowadays so hes gonna have some explaining to to when he gets back , he could have saved the NHS a fortune and let us tackle it at UKLEM we certainly had enough laser power kicking around to slice him open !

Rob i gather since your not around you must be feeling pretty down ... hopefully you will recover swiftly !

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

We need to hack the Patient-Line card for him

Jim

Thumbs up

Get well soon Rob! You don't really need your gall bladder anyways do you? Have them cut it out with the SP168.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hi all
    Rob had his OP by keyhole at 7pm this eve (uk time) ...no more Gall Bladder! I went in to see when he came back to the ward at 8.15pm.
    Hes fine but knackered as they had waited 2 days to operate even though they were 99% sure it was gall stones
    I passed on all your good wishes ...I told him there was a new thread but he'd have to get home to read it himself ...not that he needs any coaxing to get out....he may well be home some time tomorow (Friday)

Jem ... he has his little jar.... I was surprised just how many of the little bastard stones he had....jeeeeez no wonder it hurts.
    Cheers
    Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Oh dear, sorry to hear that... I thought he was conspicuous by his absence

I hope he's having it done by keyhole surgery, if he isn't it's a bloody big operation
    I had mine removed by keyhole in 1999, it was a pioneering operation back then. I went into hospital at 7:00am and was back home at 5:00pm!! I was damned sore for a couple of weeks though. Best thing I ever had done and i'm sure Rob will think the same when he's had time to recover.

We'll all have to take our little jars of stones so we can compare them at the next meet

Very best wishes for tommorrow and get well soon Rob, we all miss you.

Cheers

Jem
    Last edited by KevSki; 03-06-2008 at 15:23.
    Move toward the light!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by KevSki View Post

Jem ... he has his little jar.... I was surprised just how many of the little bastard stones he had....jeeeeez no wonder it hurts.
    Cheers
    Kev
    Good to hear he has survived... but you could have kept that last little "Gem" of information to yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Good to hear he has survived... but you could have kept that last little "Gem" of information to yourself...
    Love the smiley!!

Most of mine had been blasted to get them out through the little keyhole, so i've a jar of little broken pieces. The surgeon did manage to save one intact though... It's about the size of a marble, approx half inch in diameter

You'll feel a LOT better without it Rob, give it a couple of weeks and you'll be up and about again

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Damn, sorry to hear about this. Hope all is well, Stanwax. All the best for a speedy recovery.

KevSki ..... please keep us updated over the next few days ...

let us know when hes out of hospital ..........

Rob must really feel bad not sitting in front of a PC ... NNNNOOOOTTTTT ( NOT as in "Ali G" speak ) must be like an extended holiday

enjoy it while it lasts .................... sometimes the pain outways the crap customer support phonecalls .....
    we all miss your posts here well i do, strange really ..... but being here for so long now ... NO posts from Rob feels like a part of Photonlexicon is missing.... shit what next .... the end of the world

come on buddy ... youn have a gas laser to get working for the next meet

all the best ( and you know that means the VERY BEST ) ..... KARL

Lightbulb

At least he should get to bring home some good meds...

Default Mr Stanwax - still being molested by nurses!

Latest on Rob is he's still in the clutches of thr NHS!!!

As stated previously Rob was sat around waiting for tests for 2 days even though they new what the problem was...well following the scan they said his GB was very inflamed....theres the clue.
    The doctor has said it was ready to burst....I guess it probably 3 or 4X its normal size so now they wanna keep him in they got him on all kinda drugs and drains to prevent secondary infection. He's still in a lot of pain so mobility is gonna be an issue.

He's probably feeling pretty shit actually, not only because of the op but hes self employed and havin had a week off and then this, he just dont like leavin people in the shit and hes not makin any money.

Anyways I'll keep you informed ...
    oh and I must post some pics of him in sexy 'dress' and sexy white socks.....mmmmm hes gonna love me!!!! maybe I could auction them to highest bidder!!!lol!!!
    Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    KevSki ..... please keep us updated over the next few days ...

let us know when hes out of hospital ..........

Rob must really feel bad not sitting in front of a PC ... NNNNOOOOTTTTT ( NOT as in "Ali G" speak ) must be like an extended holiday

enjoy it while it lasts .................... sometimes the pain outways the crap customer support phonecalls .....
    we all miss your posts here well i do, strange really ..... but being here for so long now ... NO posts from Rob feels like a part of Photonlexicon is missing.... shit what next .... the end of the world

come on buddy ... youn have a gas laser to get working for the next meet

all the best ( and you know that means the VERY BEST ) ..... KARL
    Move toward the light!