Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get Well Soon Rob ( stanwax)

Default IM BACK!!!!!

Hi guys.
    Thanks to all for the messages it put a little smile on my face to know I was a 'topic' and I did a reasonable job of predicting who would pipe in and the sort of things they would say - still nice to know my buds where thinking of me.
    The worst was the wait for surgery and being told on Thursday morning (when I was certain I would be taken for surgery during the day) that they would TRY and squeeze me in that day. At this point I was going stare crazy and had not eaten and barely drunk since monday evening at 7pm - I was bloody starving!
    However the nurses asured me that as far as they knew it was gonna happen that day and as my GF Sue left from afternoon visiting at 4:30 a guy in a blue space suit arrived - Ben the anesthetist we chatted for 10 mins only for him to tell me that I would have to hurry if I wanted a quick wash and a teeth brush up as I would be collected any time in the next few mins!
    I have, like many people, a fear and loathing of hospitals and surgery and would have staked all my laser kit on me being in a severe state of bricking myself. In reality as I lay there in pre-op I have seldom felt so calm and relaxed - and no I was not on drugs at this stage . I put this down to just wanting it over and done with and the confidence I got from the surgon and his staff. Dr Abdul Razek I owe you!
    As for poor old Sue - what a great week off work she had - running to and froe from the hospital to home. Shes a fooking diamond.
    So its all over and now its back to the real world after a few false starts - go home Fri, then sat or sunday, then Monday! then no, ok Sunday it is. So here we are and im feeling GOOOOOOD. 95% back to normal - just need to take it easy for a week or two.
    and yes Jem it was keyhole but by now I guess you worked that out.

Now where is my laser.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Welcome back Rob

The place wasn't the same without you ;-)

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hey Rob

Good to see you back .

Hope you have a quick recovery.

Take it very easy !

Let me know if you need any occupational therapy !!

All the best

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Oh and by the way

YOU REDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Barnsley are gods.

Wemberleeee wemberleeeeeeeeeeee woo hooo !!!!
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Mark

occupational therapy HA! - what you dont know is that on Monday evening in agony - and in a desparate attempt to take my mind off things I got the Neo-Neon working

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Been very busy these last couple of weeks Rob and only just noticed you have been ill mate.
    Sorry to hear it and it's now good to av yer back
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

welcome back to the laser world rob
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Glad to hear you're feeling yourself Rob

HI Rob,

Good to hear your on the path to recovery...
    I have been "on the road" to / from FLEM in the USA so just caught up with your news.
    I know that calm feeling you describe.. I had quite few ops myself with CA like 25 in total so I got to know the guys in theatre pretty well.
    Don't you just like the no drinking routine ... great, I had that for seven days after my major surgery (they were putting fluids in by drip but that doesn't help the thirst... good torture.)
    Take your time and let things heal it really is the quickest way back. Rush and all sorts of delays can occur.
    Good to hear the worst is over for you..
    Cheers

Ray
    New Zealand

Welcome back old timer

Jim