Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Run 2 custom laser barrels.

they will. There will be a little more room inside the barrel so the batteries may rattle a bit (which can be taken care of with foam) but it still will work on cr123's

figured I'd update you all here to let you know that the barrels are scheduled to start running at the manufacturer's on the 16th of this month. The barrels will be anodized one of two colors and you get to pick the choice. black or clear. If you do NOT want yours anodized can let me know in a PM of the fact and I'll mark it down.

I have just gotten off the phone with the anodizer and he's given me a price point for custom anodizing. I will break this down on the first or second post so that everyone doesn't have to come back to this post (which will become burried.) but will put it here too

conversation with anodizer has given custom anodizing costs. Interested persons can view custom anodizing at http://www.wpgbc.com/photos.htm
    Price will be as follows for custom anodizing.

Any marble affect will be $20 additional
    Any fade effect will be $20 additional
    Any solid color other than clear or black will be $5 additional
    Additionally if you want your barrel polished prior to anodizing which will give your barrel a higher sheen to it, that is an additional $5 per barrel.

Interested persons must email me at kenkassidy@hotmail.com with your order transaction #, whether you prefer paypal or googlecheckout for payment and color anodizing choice so that I can send you a invoice from either paypal or googlecheckout for the additional fee.

I had a gentleman that I know over on LPF render some pictures of what the barrels should look like given the designs. Here is what he posted.
    Quote from Scog
    The run may have just started production today, but I decided to get a better idea of what they would look like beforehand.
    I did not have any experience with the software involved so it took me a couple of days to get to this stage, the only thing I had used at all was rhino3d which I had mucked around with a couple of years ago.
    Here are the results:

More will be coming soon, let me know if you want to see anything special. One request per day, I render while I sleep.

Last edited by Kenom; 08-02-2008 at 13:10.

Was I supposed to specify current range of the flexdrives and anodization color? I want one black and one clear and all high current drivers.

How's the manufacturing going btw? Much looking forward to receiving these babies. They look fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    Was I supposed to specify current range of the flexdrives and anodization color? I want one black and one clear and all high current drivers.

How's the manufacturing going btw? Much looking forward to receiving these babies. They look fantastic!
    No actually the drivers have got both ranges on them. Just a matter of selecting the range you want. The barrels are mostly done. I've even got pictures.

THEY'RE HERE!!!!

I apologize for the huge size of these pictures. I also apologize for the crappy quality of pictures. Apparently my son (3) decided he wanted my old school sony 128mb memory stick more than I did. It's now gone and I can no longer take good quality pictures until I find a replacement which will be probably never. Sony memory stick was replaced by memory stick pro and then duo. I had the first in the line. The only place to find them is on ebay (no local stores carry them since they are so out of date) and I've no desire to pay more than $2 shipped for such a small amount of memory when it would be just as easy to get a new camera. *I will take a donated card* Needless to say unless someone buys my 1 watt 808nm focusable burner laser, I'll be saving to get a new camera.
    There are a TON of pictures here and i apologize (3rd time in this post)

blue to black fade

red to black fade

Clear anodized

Purple

Purple again different lighting

Red anodized

Red again in different lighting

Black

Black different lighting

Blue to black fade

blue to black fade different lighting

Blue to gunmetal fade

Blue to gunmetal different lighting

Red to black fade

Red to black fade different lighting

Front one here is a red to gunmetal fade

Back one being blue to gunmetal fade

You'll notice a small blemish on this one. I was told it was probably an air pocket during dying

This shot is to emphasize the lack of anodizing in the tailcap. will explain in a few lines.

In order to anodize an electrical connection has to be made to the part being anodized (anode). since the insides of these weren't being anodized, a plug was inserted into the holes with them assembled. now there's no place to connect to the barrels for the anode so it was chosen taht the tailcap would be the best place for this to occur. so there's no anodizing where that connection is made.