Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another take on the "laser creating plasma in mid air 3D display"

Default Another take on the "laser creating plasma in mid air 3D display"

Very cool technology. Now they just need to figure out how to get different colors...

I wonder how powerful that laser is. Might hurt to stick your hand in there since it's obviously powerful enough to ionize the air. On the other hand, the pulses are really short, so the effect might not be that high.

Its a shame they haven't got any video of it, i bet a small camera track across it would really show it off nicely

Lightbulb

Or it is just a photoshopped image and the technoligy is al BS... Would be nice to see a video and colors.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Or it is just a photoshopped image and the technoligy is al BS... Would be nice to see a video and colors.
    Looks fimiliar...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-2 copy.jpg  

CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Thumbs up

i don't know if you guys are kidding or not but of course it is real. We did a similar idea using a spinning helix and a set of scanners to simulate air traffic in 3d for air traffic controllers to see aircraft airport approaches in 3D. worked great. The ultra short pulses in 3d space is the same technology to put images in crystals that we have all seen. Instead of fracturing glass, they are fracturing air!

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Thanks... I think I am allergic or something... I have a genetic case of the dumbass, so it is probably me. Need a decent picture or video there also.

I was kinda kidding, but there was very little there to convince me it was/is real. A bunch of pics from 2006 are not enough to WOW me or make a believer out of me, but neither am I intriged enough to follow the links or google it for verification. Don't get me wrong. It would be an awesome technology, and if that company is working on it, cheers to them. My comment was in response to the lack of video that would go a long way in sparking my interest and faith. There is one or two thread about full 3D holographic technologies here somewhere and both have vidoe that is very impressive. Maybe I am holding this up to the standard created by those. It would be easy to photoshop that though. The Air Traffic Controller use is a very ingenius use for that too. Got any pictures or video?

Definitely an emerging technology. Scanrate still seems slow and resolution is limited and how they will achieve color I don't know.
    Showing it on video:
    http://www.revver.com/video/45530/3d-laser-display/