Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laptop Dual Boot Help/Advice

Default HP TC1100

Hi Jem

This is like mine, the one Rob was using at UKLEM they are easy upgraded too...nice and portable.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HP-Compaq-TC11...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HP-COMPAQ-TC11...QQcmdZViewItem

Have a good scan on ebay for prices.
    kev

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    That seals it then, my laptop has a SATA hard drive... Guess it's another laptop running XP then.

Thanks for all your help guys, really appreciated

Jem
    Move toward the light!

Installing Xp on SATA is not that hard you need F6 driver for your sata controller and insert it into XP boot disk with http://www.nliteos.com/
    Then boot windows from that CD and here we go. Rest of drivers are little hard to find sometimes. But can be done. So why XP.? I prefer speed over eye candy. I can't stand any delays in my requests. If I press a button I need a result that very microsecond. I have no time for fancy fade in text scroll and fade out. I see no point of having all that graphics. If I need graphics I open Photoshop or other editor. I need cool 3d I run games or 3d editors. And yes my desktop on all my computers looks like Windows 95. Almost all services are off only ones that needed are run. I got Vista with my new laptop. I totally castrated it but still 400mb of memory were used!!!!! I installed XP and castrated it-180MB. What 220MB is used for!!!????
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

I would like to add a word of caution...coming from experience.

I purchased a HP DV9235NR laptop (DV9000 series) and after a short time with it the left hinge on the LCD panel cracked in half. On the DV6000 series it is the right LCD panel hinge.

It "is" covered under warranty, though most major retail stores will tell you it's not as it looks to them like you dropped it.

HP realized this problem when thousands of people reported the same issue and it was classified as a design flaw. I do not know if the issue was fixed with a new style hinge, but I did get it repaired under warranty.

I know it's difficult when you purchase a "new" laptop to find reports of problems in it's design as it is new to the market and has not been in wide distribution. I'm not saying that HP is a bad brand - quite the opposite really, they make great products...so does Dell. Get a Dell - get a business class machine, not the consumer brand.

Phil

p.s. Wanna see all the complaints about the DV9000 and DV6000 series laptops? Google (dv9000 +hinge) or (dv6000 +hinge)...

Here you will find all that you need www.powerquest.com
    But it seems "Norton" has bought these guys...
    If make all without programs like "MASTODONT", try Linux and Lilo - it is simple (it not Linux advertising).

Best regards!
    Ruslan