Thread: New Showtacle device for computerless shows

Default New Showtacle device for computerless shows

I noticed that Showtacle www.showtacle.com has come out with a nifty little device that lets you play ILDA files that are stored on SD RAM with a little box that has an ILDA port. I don't know how much it costs.

It probably isn't very useful for shows but is good for displaying a preprogrammed sequence of frames for trade shows, etc.

Cool

Would be interesting to see the price on that unit. Nice and compact, and a fairly rugged case. Wonder how much they go for, and whether you could simply save a stream of ILDA frames from some other software package to the SD card and then use this device to play it back, or if you have to use their software to create the show...

Adam

Yeah, we're about to buy a few of those, thought they would be good for Dry Hires and for Trade show based stuff. Fiesta 2 has SD Card File exporter module built in, so you can copy fiesta shows straight across to the SD Card so you can play the shows straight back using the stand alone player. The players even have Sync in/out so you can have several units all running together.

According to the website the price is $490 Euros thats quite expensive.

What does it do that Pangolins flash card systems doesn't.... other than its in a nice box already..

Cheers

Ray

Since we don't use Pangolin stuff, I can't and won't compare directly. I can only tell you what it does and what is it good for.

First of all, it's working with our software directly - just press export and it will export whole show to SD-card. It uses standard FAT32 system, so you can use card for your data too(you can have Fiesta/Moncha show stored on the card with export). It works with large files up to 4GB, so you can have show with duration up to ~3,5h at maximal scanrate 45kpps. What is also good for scanners, it controls its scanrate while playing the show, so all the show frames are displayed correctly. You can synchronize more of these devices very easy, only by connecting jack-jack cable.

There are 2 main reasons, why we've developed this device: easy to play shows safe without computer even for more lasers and to have something easy to use for advertisement(see the video at the bottom of this link: http://www.showtacle.com/SDIldaPlayer.php ). You just press play and it works, you don't need any DMX to start/control it, so any user can use it. We've made many shows where we would use such device.

By the way we have also MIDI MTC receiver, which can start these devices, so you can synchronize easily with any laser software. Also it is a perfect way to "backup" your show - it runs normally from computer, and computer software, but if the computer fails(I know, it "should not" happen), it continues the show from these devices.

Well and the price - yes, since the USD is lower and lower, it might seem more expensive... but it always depends on your level - if you want to be sure your show will play and finish correctly, we believe it is a good investment.
    Last edited by mystery123; 07-20-2008 at 21:04.

Thanks Michel very informative.. looks looks a nice box.
    Ray
    NZ