Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RGB whitelight pointer...

Nice Job Mike!!!!
    Youre a bonkin genius!!!!
    I'm curious too; the r and b are D.I. diodes right?, did you build a di green? -heh-

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    I presume the 405 and the 635 are in the same case but how did you get the 532 in such a small space and collimate them all together?

Is there a thread anywhere as to how you built it?
    if its a 635 its not in the same case... the BR diode would have 650nm for DVDs not 635nm

Hey,
    congrats nice job ...whats the power output of it?

There is a 635nm diode in it.....break out a lasercheck and see. I can make these much smaller and 5 X more powerfull than 15mW. This was a proto for a future project. I already have the optical train completed. I am currnetly in negotiations for a company to sell a couple of 1mm x 1mm x 3mm MCA units to be used with a 250mw 808 pump. Trying to get the 532nm down in size. Still searching for the power supply. It would seem that the battery is going to be the most expensive part......
    Last edited by MechEng3; 03-14-2008 at 02:00.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

This was what I had done and it works. But I have a much better setup now that is very different from this. I have assemble the cubes with opticly clear adhesive and changed the whole design. It is very small now measuring 4mm* x 12mm long. I will not share the new design as I am going to do this and make a lot of people ponder on it. The overall size will be somewhat similar to a large Cuban cigar to fit in your pocket......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Handheld schematic.JPG  

You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Exclamation

IT HAS ARRIVED!!! I will take pictures and share them later. The boss has a list of crap for me to do... but afterwards I can play. I have missed the blu ray a lot. Now I don't have to wait for a "LEM" to get to play with spec's violet pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    The boss has a list of crap for me to do... but afterwards I can play.
    lol, i will never ever have someone tell me what to do. I pay the bills and the mortgage. Tell the boss it can wait. You are holding a piece of history.

lol, i will never ever have someone tell me what to do
    You must not be married, then?-hehe--

Lightbulb

See what you did... I got smacked into next week...

I finally took some pictures tonight. This is the first time I have had to really play with it, although it has been used at least once a day since it arrived.

At about a foot or so it looks OK, but from there out the beams diverge a lot. From one of the pics there it looks like it is mainly the red that is off, but from looking at it with my eyes they are all apart with the blu ray in the middle. I have a feeling this is due to my good friends at the post office. Mike said he'd tell me how to align it back. Overall I am very impressed with this design. I have always wanted a maglite laser. AND it is rechargeable...