Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moonvertising

But it's pending FAA, FDA, CDRH, ADHD, HDTV, WTF and WYSIWYG approval.
    hahaha! That is hillarious. I understand WTF is the hardest to get approved.

Default Its been talked about before many many years ago...

soon to be seen on urban legends...

Plus, you have to remember that they have already sent a beam to the moons surface in the 80's or 90's, and found that the earth is actually wobbling on its axis about 5-10 degrees. How will they compensate for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Misebeam View Post
    Plus, you have to remember that they have already sent a beam to the moons surface in the 80's or 90's, and found that the earth is actually wobbling on its axis about 5-10 degrees. How will they compensate for that?
    Get with the times man, Bill has already added the Earth axis wobble correction code (EAWCC-2000) necessary to compensate for that issue in the latest upgrade to pango.

Hahaha -

I actually saw a commercial for rolling rock today about this. They had a 'demo' set up and it ended up exploding the moon in the commercial.

Cool

How about this classic 7UP commercial from the 1990's? I always liked those old 7UP commercials, but this one is tops. (Wish I had a laser like that!)

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Please note how quiet laserman 532 is about this, see once upon a time he and a few buddies offered a service out of a rented deMILLed missle silo in the desert, for X bucks, they would morse code a message off to space using a big yag out of the bottom of the silo. They had pretty good adverstisng and a bunch of folks signed up at like 32$ a message.

I had a chance to bid on a mobile nasa ranging cart about 5 years ago, a ruby MOPA with 3 amplifiers and a 10" telescope, I guess even with a gigawatt of peak power from ruby or doubled yag, you only get 5-10 photons back from the lunar reflectors. BTW the trailer with scope went for less then 5oo$.

Steve Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Please note how quiet laserman 532 is about this, see once upon a time he and a few buddies offered a service out of a rented deMILLed missle silo in the desert, for X bucks, they would morse code a message off to space using a big yag out of the bottom of the silo. They had pretty good adverstisng and a bunch of folks signed up at like 32$ a message.

I had a chance to bid on a mobile nasa ranging cart about 5 years ago, a ruby MOPA with 3 amplifiers and a 10" telescope, I guess even with a gigawatt of peak power from ruby or doubled yag, you only get 5-10 photons back from the lunar reflectors. BTW the trailer with scope went for less then 5oo$.

Steve Roberts
    This is true Steve - But we weren't doing just mindless advertising. We were encoding the laser beam with personal messages of hope and prosperity for the future. (people logged on to the website and typed their personnel messages...and we sent them up!

It was in Roswell NM, 1-1-00 at midnight. We partied like it was 1999...oh yeah...it was!!! Only the weirdest people in the world were there that night!

Some accounts say we used 60 watts. I had two yags combined running at least 40 to 50 watts each for about 100 watts total in the sky. There again...I was OZ..."pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

Read about project here.

http://www.showlasers.com/starlite.html
    http://alt.nntp2http.com/lasers/2007...acf53b197.html
    http://www.laserist.org/Laserist/Back_issues_499.html
    http://www.uer.ca/forum_showthread_a...215&currpage=1

Steve could you please calculate how far the messages have traveled and about when should we expect a response

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Steve could you please calculate how far the messages have traveled and about when should we expect a response[/QUOTE]

you expect a guy with dyscalcula to do that one?

4.7081 X 10^13 miles from base by now, give or take a few miles.
    7 light years to alpha centari, so first possible response is in ~6 years.
    Will you be listening?

BTW< where do you get a polarizing combiner that can handle 100 watts of green? I'd like one.
    2nd BTW, did you close the silo doors with a "bang?"

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Steve could you please calculate how far the messages have traveled and about when should we expect a response
    you expect a guy with dyscalcula to do that one?

4.7081 X 10^13 miles from base by now, give or take a few miles.
    7 light years to alpha centari, so first possible response is in ~6 years.
    Will you be listening?

BTW< where do you get a polarizing combiner that can handle 100 watts of green? I'd like one.
    2nd BTW, did you close the silo doors with a "bang?"

Steve[/quote]

First...I hope I will be here for response (a peaceful one). Part of the team was concerned because some of the messages that were sent were full of profanity and taunting ET's to come down here for a fight (im sort of hiding out now) Roswell NM is the strangest city I have EVER been to.

The beam was fiber coupled...We split each 40 watt laser (actually doing about 50 watts each) into two fiber collimators each for 4 - 20 watt fiber 2" collimators and nested the fiber coupled IR laser (messaging laser) in the middle of the four and installed all 5 collimators in what we called the "trash can" which looks like one of those round stubby trash cans (thats what it was). Hung the trash can down into the silo with guy wires with turn buckles to adjust perpendicularisity. (i know it is not a word but you get the idea). As far as I know Steve J. uses this big A collimator as an end table.

the doors are still open as seen in the picture on news group. Cranes weren't power full enough to break the rusted steel seal after how many years so in the middle of the night a small ampro bomb was made and set off to crack the seal...the doors opened with a bang...a loud bang... Falling into the silo was sure death. We threw a 55 gallon drum into it and it hit crap all the way down.

the last picture was taken from about 1 mile away, crystal clear cold night side view...worse case...and it still looked impressive - BRUTE FORCE POWER!!! muhamuhaaaaaaaaaaaa