Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moonvertising

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    the last picture was taken from about 1 mile away, crystal clear cold night side view...worse case...and it still looked impressive - BRUTE FORCE POWER!!! muhamuhaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Hey Pat - wanna scrape together a few pennies and buy a couple of these puppies and plan to shoot the cosmos again in 2012?? - Can you imagine 110W of 532 - out of ONE little unit like this???!!! Imagine 220W???!!! (...yes, I know, Lee Laser makes 300W @ 532 models, now, but I am talking something someone besides Bill Gates could buy..) - now, where did I put my checkbook???

Actually, no pun, we are getting VERY close on that project (wink-wink) you and I had been discussing - I hope to have a very nice call to make to you this Fall-ish...we'll see, but things ARE still moving forward...

Oh, sorry - that should have been a PM, I know - anyhoo, with one of your Cobras and this little hottie, I think we could take Vader on - whattya think??

peace...
    J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Yeah deffinately fake. The divergence and space junk would muck it up long before it reaches the moon. Maybe in a few years when we have 3 terrawatt lasers with >0.001mRad divergence that could actually be run off the power lines LOL

Make a good April fool.

Apart from anything else, can you imagine the size of the hole in the ozone layer from a beam strong enough to project to the moon (even if such a laser existed)?

I would think, the only way it could ever really be done would be from a spacecraft orbiting the moon.

If it was done from a spacecraft, you probably wouldnt be able to see if from earth. With a telescope maybe, but you'd be pushing it!

I think there is a 3 terrawatt laser under construction, I read about it somewhere, but I dont remember exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    I think there is a 3 terrawatt laser under construction, I read about it somewhere, but I dont remember exactly
    That would turn the moon into Swiss cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey Pat - wanna scrape together a few pennies and buy a couple of these puppies and plan to shoot the cosmos again in 2012??
    just a small friendly reminder... after all, this is 2012
    "its called character briggs..."