Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoebox RGB

Default Shoebox RGB

Hi Guys
    This is one of the things I have been working on recently my new product the RGB shoebox.
    The prototype pictured below was pressed into service at the Hadouken! gig in reading last night less than 24 hours after completion, and has 1.2W measured after the scanners. Its currently a little down in the red dept. whil I wait for some custom red coated optics to come (several weeks away) and at present has 500mW 532nm, 300mW 638nm, 500mW 445nm. The red should be up to 500mW once its got the right parts in there.
    The laser worked well at the gig and was a great enhancement to the 2 blue green shoeboxes I normally run, so will continue to be included in the next three shows.
    Any questions rob at stanwax laser dot co dot uk

Rob
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sbrgbbeams03.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	368.3 KB 
ID:	31733Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sbrgbbeams02.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	503.8 KB 
ID:	31732Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sbrgbbeams01.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	701.8 KB 
ID:	31731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sbrgbbeams04.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	363.4 KB 
ID:	31734Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sbrgb01.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	327.6 KB 
ID:	31730Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sbrgb02.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	371.0 KB 
ID:	31729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sbrgb03.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	294.7 KB 
ID:	31728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sbrgb04.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	319.7 KB 
ID:	31727Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sbrgb05.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	340.1 KB 
ID:	31726Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sbrgb06.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	296.5 KB 
ID:	31725
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Bet you can't get many shoes in there now Rob!

Nice though

In 5 years time we'll be looking back on these thinking 'God, why did we ever lug these monsters around??!'
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Pogtastic !
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

With this never ending quest for miniaturisation are you sure you aren't Turning Japanese?

Nice laser Rob.

Love the 1st cue as well. Almost identical to one I produced last week, just different colours.

@ Richard
    One of my fave singles is that Maybe no coincedence.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Nice work!

maybe smaller than my Luminous..
    Now give it a good name, maybe smallstar

what is the outside size? dimensions in mm

laser greets joost

Joost
    Its had a name for a long time - its the Shoebox. It was always that and always will be.
    Dims are, just like a box for shoes....190mm x 110mm x 300mm excluding feet and bracket.

Rob

Nice one Loretta!

Do you have a photo of the rear panel? I would like to see the business end. In fact, internal shots also?
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Nice one Loretta!
    Splitter!

The rear panel is standard shoebox (see image) - on left is the combined IEC fused and switched power entry, directly below is the 9 pin interlock containing status LED, ground, start button, and interlock connections designed to be used as a remote e-stop connection. Then centre on the top edge is ILDA in with ILDA out next to it. Due to the layout internally of this projector these are the opposite way round to previous shoeboxes, however on production models the internal layout will be slightly different so these will return to their regular places (ie will be ILDA in right top corner). Right side is dominated by the 80mm fan input with detacheable 2 part filter for easy cleaning or replacement then there is the key switch and above this the 2 buttons for controlling the internal DS3 solid state axis flip circuit. Pressing either of these buttons for under 3 seconds will reverse an axis one button for X one button for Y. Holding either in for more than 3 seconds will swap X and Y so the projector can be mounted at a 90 degree attitude (as was the case for its first outing at the Hadouken! gig on Thursday). The on chip NV ram stores the settings so they will remain set even after power down. All the shoebox projectors will have this as standard from now on and I have retro fitted this feature to the ones I gig with and have had 100% relaibilty with this system.

Wayne for the time being I would like to keep the lid closed though there is nothing secret this one is just not a production standard - there are a few tweaks to make to the design and its not been anodised. As soon as I have a production one available and I get some time to do it I will share.

Loretta (aka Stan) (aka Rob)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sbrgb07.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	31736