Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hows you Lasever 200mw 473nm holding?

I am intersted in buying some of these dead or dying lasers for parts. Let me know if they are reasonably priced and intact and un-opened. Paypal-cash-check-M.O. PM me with details...
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I have a 30mw 473nm blue from lasever, however, it failed in 3 hours test and the power goes to 3mw, after returning and re-check by lasever, they said it's because of the great heat and need to dispel and then it will recover to work. The laser is now on the way to me again, I think I will test it more, Thanks for lasever's great service

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Simon2006 View Post
    I have a 30mw 473nm blue from lasever, however, it failed in 3 hours test and the power goes to 3mw, after returning and re-check by lasever, they said it's because of the great heat and need to dispel and then it will recover to work. The laser is now on the way to me again, I think I will test it more, Thanks for lasever's great service
    Please elaborate on this. Your 30mW went to 3mW after 3 hours of what? Constant on? After it failed, what did you try? Did you let it rest overnight and try again? Did you try to turn it back on at any point before sending it back?

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Please elaborate on this. Your 30mW went to 3mW after 3 hours of what? Constant on? After it failed, what did you try? Did you let it rest overnight and try again? Did you try to turn it back on at any point before sending it back?

I test it constant for 3hours & I'm so after it goes to 3mw, lasever say nothing but let me send back for check. I should test it again later to look more into it, they send me the origin laser and test there again about 40mw.

I hope you had it somehow heatsinked for that 3 hours

Just a quick side note... I bought a 100mw 473nm laser used on Ebay. The owner said it had 650 hours on it and was now down to 70mw output. So, I got it cheap.

When I got it home, I popped the cap and re-aligned the ND:YAG and LBO optics and brought the power back up to 87mw.

Thermal expansion can re-align all the tiny optics mounts in a bad way.

CNI! there is no need to advertise yourself. Everyone already knows you!
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    CNI! there is no need to advertise yourself. Everyone already knows you!
    No kidding....................