Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review of the theater in Columbus, GA

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I am sure our shows probably wouldent compare to your expierence in germany (I guess conan was right?) but we definately dont just "hit play" on the ADAT
    Well thats a good thing. Alot of the effects we use to run in the theater here in jax were done manually. Nice thing about it, is when you screw up and turn on the wrong effect, you may end up thinking, "Wow, that turned out really cool!" Then started adding it to the next shows!

we run shows every first friday of the month... i would have to see on the particular weekend but usually they are ok... or a friday we are not doing shows
    Sounds good, well, since I've just gotten back from a month stay in Atlanta, I'm kinda looking forward to no travel for a while. Maybe sometime later in April or May. I'd really like to get down there, sound like you guys have a really nice theater.

a friend of mine works there and we have both proven ourselves to the assistant director, which is why we are allowed to touch stuff (plus hes an old school laser guy, knows bill etc... they still have their giant dual concert laser board... the old laser had 4 sets of G120's one for each blue, red, green and yellow most of it dosent work properly but it still kind of works) ...
    Hmm, is this an old AVI projector? What on it is not working? I know a thing or two about it if its an old AVI rig, since I use to own one... see pic below

anyhow they are super super cautious about letting people touch anything becuase every few years they get someone that knows all about XYZ and then they touch it and it explodes, then said person dissapears and thats the end of XYZ (they are consistantly broke) the irony is the planetarium is the only part of the meuseum consistantly making money!
    I don't blame them, money to fix things is usually very tight in theaters. And theaters are so different from one place to the next, there are very few experts in the field that can fix them all. I recently visited a theater that sill used giant variacs to control house lights and star projector lamps. It was completely automated, neat to watch, but I wouldn't want to be the one to fix a problem with it...

but boy was he excited when he found out i got a new pangolin system (they still have a working QM16 in an amiga!)
    So, the show that you put on at FLEM, when will it start running in your theater? Maybe that's when I'll come down.

i would love to see your projector in a 65' dome, they would really like to see it, but they told me to tell you while they would love to see a demo of your projector they really cant promise to buy anything right now so take that for whatever its worth..
    I would too. I keep thinking I just need to take it down to the theater here, but the politics there have been so bad. For years I've been trying to get them to sell me thier old laser projector that they used in a 30 foot theater over 20 years ago! Guess it will just have to collect dust for another 20 years. Its basically worthless now...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cap0035.JPG  

Well went dumpster diving, any places that are have to see's left around? Gonna check out St. Louis soon anything else?
    leading in trailing technology