Thread: Uh-oh (fried 650nm 150mW diode) Looking for replacement

Default Uh-oh (fried 650nm 150mW diode) Looking for replacement

Hey guys,

As I tend to learn the hard way - my Bigdipper F-2000S RGB projector is now running on one red diode. I was making a small adjustment and sorta shorted the diode casing to the case ground. The diode is now putting out a VERY weak red dot. Power supply is fine - there are two and I tested the other working diode on it with no problems.

I just couldn’t leave “good enough” alone.

The good news! I can replace just the diode and not the whole thing brass housing.

The diode dimensions are 3.60mm (for the round diode part) by 5.57mm (for the lower lip with the notches on it). Dimensions are approximate (according to my dial caliper) close is good enough.

Does any one have one that they would like to sell or know where I can get one to replace this with for under $30.00? I’ve looked on eBay but found only large lots…

I'm looking for 650nm, 150mW...

I really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Phil

Get sum good CNI diode and have a nice night sleep without nightmares.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

I've got a few from the group buy that Dave ran a month or so ago. PM me if you are interested. The dimensions you mention sound like standard 5.6mm can style diodes.

PM me if you are interested. Also check the specs of the diode - you can find the pdf in the group buy thread.

-Max

Aixiz has the 200mw diode for $40. It works fine. I am running at 185mw with no problems. It might cost a little more but it is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    I've got a few from the group buy that Dave ran a month or so ago. PM me if you are interested. The dimensions you mention sound like standard 5.6mm can style diodes.

PM me if you are interested. Also check the specs of the diode - you can find the pdf in the group buy thread.

-Max

Max, I sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Phil