Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going for a QM2000.Net laptop version!

Red face Going for a QM2000.Net laptop version!

Just a blurb,

I sent of my first QM2000 pro card off today to get fitted into the laptop version of QM2000.Net. I had to send my card in for a revison update, becuse it's Serial# was under 7000, I guess it dose not have the proper programing for the QM2000 adapter. Can't wait to get it back, Miss it allready), but luckily I don't have any shows for a couple of weeks. Now I can finally stop luggin around my rack mounted computer !!

http://mycoolspot.com/lpics3/Control%20Back.JPG
    http://mycoolspot.com/lpics3/Control%20Front.JPG

Well when it Gets back I, I have to send my LD2000 basic card in also for a new home in a nice portable version.
    Last edited by Misebeam; 03-11-2008 at 13:57.

Talking

Oh Yeah!!!

Look what just showed up at my door a few minutes ago. I sent my QM2000 Pro to be retrofitted into a QM200.NET enclosure. Looks nice!, completely different than picture on the web site, but I like this style better.

The web site said it was going to have an external "Brick power supply", but now the new version is completely enclosed with internal power! It measures 7.5" X 7.5" x 1.5". They also added a cooling fan to the bottom of the unit! Nice slim-line package!!!

I did how ever have to send my card out to be update since the serial was below 7000.

Overall,... VERY NICE!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails qm2000.net 001.jpg  

qm2000.net 004.jpg  

qm2000.net 008.jpg  

oops sorry,

I ment to post under product review.

Cool

Bill actually brought one of these units to FLEM Mark II. I got a chance to take a look at it (including under the hood), and I agree - it's a much cleaner package.

Congratulations! I know you're going to love it...

Adam

That certainly is one nice neat piece of kit.
    Im sure you are a happy bunny now!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thanks!
    It is going to be soooo much nicer going to shows without lugging 100Lb beast around to shows anymore:

Now I can even sneak this little box to my day job, and work on shows during my breaks
    I'll just have to tell the boss that the new fangled print server came in, you know the one with the optional "DMX input /output" so I just hooked it up on my desk for "testing"...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ldcomputer.jpg  

Last edited by Misebeam; 03-22-2008 at 14:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Misebeam View Post
    I'll just have to tell the boss that that new fangled print server came in, you know the one with the optional "DMX input /output" so I just hooked it up on my desk for "testing"...
    Hahahaha I like your style and yes a little lappy and that box is a BIG difference - you just need a lightweight solid state laser to go with it - ie get rid of all that gas nonsense
    (im sure you know im kidding - I wouldnt give up my SP168 whitelight for the world )

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I hear that!
    Yeah, I could never walk away from the old school look, (I do love the look of the new diodes but beam size can't match), and gas lasers wavelengths are nice. I will continue to lug around my 200LBs+ gaseous system until I can't tow it with my Little Rascal scooter to shows anymore..... Just kidding I'm only 33..... long way off...

But yes, I have been thinking of building a RGB backup 1+ watt solid state system! Just have to clear it with my bank account...

also what you cant really tell from the pics of that QM2000.net box is its built like a friggen tank... the metal on the case is heavy!... so no worries about it falling apart on you...

anyhow, im jealous, congrats

It's funny how you english fellows call things a piece of kit. We americans sometimes say something that rhymes with "piece of kit" but it isn't a compliment. What exactly is a "kit" anyway? In the US, it is something you buy and put together.