Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RGB theoretical layout (cause I'm bored)

Anheuser-Busch - yeah you better sell that off LOL its Miller Town here my friend.

Honestly I like Miller because of where I am from and thats the extent of it. When it comes down to it there are a LOT of great Microbrews that come out of Milwaukee that I have fallen in love with!

Also 110grand for a 5watt seems pretty steep! They have a 20 or 30 watter to my knowledge for about that much - although maybe my memory isn't working with me at this moment - Ok now its really time for more studying!

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Anheuser-Busch - yeah you better sell that off LOL its Miller Town here my friend.

I love watery beer too
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    I love watery beer too
    "Watery Beer" is not real beer!

Adam

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

American beer is not real beer. It's Lager !

Where's your Adnams Broadside?
    Where's your Hobgoblin?
    Where's your Old Peculier?

Where's your Beer festivals held in Town Halls and filled with gentlemen with beards and sandals?

Since my wife has worked for Anheuser-Busch for 31 years, she appreciates the "watery beer" comment, as long as it doesn't refer to the AB product line.

No - she is not a Brew Master - she is a Regional Human Resources Manager.

Phil

Well, I brew my own beer, so I suppose I'm biased. But truthfully, the best beers I've experienced came from Germany. They take beer a hell of a lot more seriously than is rational though!

Adam

Believe it or not, but the Americans are actually better than the Europeans at brewing beer now. This is from a (beer drinking) chemical engineer's point of view anyway. While us Europeans might have a strong tradition in brewing beer, not much has happened recently. In America the situation is quite the opposite, with lots of smaller breweries popping up everywhere. They are not afraid to experiment and use new technology, which in recent years caused them to surpass European beers.

Of course I'm not talking about the big American breweries now (no names mentioned ). They are truly awful and it's doubtful if some of their products can even be called beer. I mean, light beer... That's an oxymoron.

What I think is the main reason that large breweries don't make as good beer as smaller ones do is because they use different types of fermentation processes. At large breweries you might even find huge tower fermenters capable of producing very large volumes of alcohol in a continuous process. They need to be very careful what they do with these, because if the yeast for some reason dies it can take weeks to get it running well again. But when they run, they are much more efficient than for example batch fermenters (but they just won't make great beer).

So even if you can make a really nice beer on a small scale it will be very hard to scale the process up without changing the product.

A little off topic...

New Belgium Brewing Company in Fort Collins, Colorado has some really nice beers. But, you have to be in the west half of the USA in order to get them. My favorites from them are 1554, Fat Tire, and Blue Paddle.

FAT TIRE!!!!!!!!!! GREAT BEER THAT IS FINALLY AVAILABLE IN CHICAGO!!! I AM GLAD YOU MENTIONED THAT!

Sorry for the caps but you got me excited. Also New Glarus in Wisconsin has Spotted Cow which is a pretty tasty beer. One of my new favorites is Louies Demise. But I have a long list of favorite Macro and Micro brews. There is a bar called The Old German Beer Hall here in milwaukee that brews its own beer - some of the best German beer I have had!

As for what tocket said - I think a lot of this stems from some of the laws that were in place specifically in Germany. Like the law that states that only beer with 4 ingredients could be sold in Germany. Those four ingredients of course are Water, Hops, Grain and Yeast.

The 'light beer' is from using rice instead of wheat for most of the grain. Although I am not a huge fan of Miller - I still dont mind drinking some of their beers (they do own many of the smaller breweries like Linenkugals which i am sure I just spelled wrong). But their brewery tour is also pretty fun - nice bit of history.

But if you guys ever come to Milwaukee - I will take you out for a night at the Lakefront Brewery! $5 tour that comes with 6 beers - You just cant beat that. Lakefront brewery makes some of my favorite beers. Wow this thread is way off topic.

Hey I'm no expert but when it comes to beer there are only two countries that even come close and we are both down here !!!
    What ya reckon' Dave..

Ray
    NZ