Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Music for LAStudio shows

This enigma show is tricky. I've tried sadeness which also matches length-wise, but doesn't sync well. It works better than return to innocence though.

I use the showrider player and not designer to play these shows and there's no way to change the offset. I haven't needed to change it so far, because all the songs sync nicely anyway. That's why I'm skeptic to those that don't match immediately.

Managed to knock a mirror off one of the galvos while building it. Actually it didn't come completely loose, but when I powered the scanner up it didn't sound quite ok and the test pattern looked like crap. Was worried I had broken one of the galvo amps. Luckily I quickly found the loose mirror. Nothing a little epoxy couldn't fix, but it cost me some time.

EDIT: I am a dumbass, I looked around and found them. Duh.

also, I do have a seperate question from this. Are there separate versions of LA Studio? I was reading about the music syncing options, and my version of showrider doesn't have any of them. I am, of course, just beginning to tackle the learning curve that is laser software,but the options that alexy described don't seem to exist in my programs. I'm farily certain this is due to an option I haven't selected or a box I haven't checked, but if anybody feels like kicking in their .02, I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by Mr.Coffee; 03-15-2008 at 19:34.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

I downloaded them. I think they were on the PhotonLexicon FTP site, actually. I didn't even know what they were until this thread appeared. I play them with my Spaghetti software. It will let you sync the audio and frames. And once you sync them up you can reexport the ILDA frame so that it is synced with the audio file. You should be able to play it back in your software that doesn't allow syncing up then. But, only if your software supports ILDA formats 4 or 5. I don't support saving to formats 0,1, and 3 right now. Later I will but not now.

Cool

Gary;

You downloaded the music on the ftp server? They must be gone now, I don't see them.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 03-16-2008 at 09:06.

No, just ILDA files are/were on the FTP server. I had to obtain the music files elsewhere.

Would the Pangolin guys know what music goes with the Enigma and Storm shows? Those are the only 2 that I don't have working. Didn't Pangolin buy LA Studio?

If you bought the software it has the songs you need right on the read me file....

Show "Can't stop". Copyright© LAStudio Group, 2001.

Byan Adams, So Far, So good (1993). Song: 'Can't Stop This Thing We Started'.

Show "Enigma Show". Copyright© LAStudio Group, 2001.

Enigma, MCMXC AD. Song 'Back To The Rivers of Belief' (Part B : Hallelujah).

Show "In the dawn". Copyright© LAStudio Group, 2001.

Robert Miles. Song "In the dawn".

Show "Invisible". Copyright© LAStudio Group, 2001.

QUEEN. Song "Invisible Man".

Show "Magic". Copyright© LAStudio Group, 2001.

QUEEN. Song "Magic". "It's some kind of magic" same thing

Show "Other worlds". Copyright© LAStudio Group, 2001.

Proxima. Song "Other Worlds".

Show "Show must". Copyright© LAStudio Group, 2001.

QUEEN. Song "Show must go on".

Show "Storm". Copyright© LAStudio Group, 2001.

Vanessa Mae. Song "Storm".

Show "What do you want". Copyright© LAStudio Group, 2001.

Pink Floyd, The Division Bell. Song: 'What do you want from me'.

To sync the music to the show, find the song, click showtime length button and at the bottom where it says sync to PC timer, put sync to media player and find the song that corresponds to the show.

Cool

I got my copy of LA Studio from the Pangolin Website. It's a free download for all LD-2000 users, though you have to e-mail them to get the license file to enable it to run.

However, it only comes with 3 shows. "Invisible", "Can't Stop". and "What do you Want".

Not sure where those other shows in your post came from, unless they were on the original LA Studio distribution disc (before Pangolin bought them out)...

Adam

Odd - I got mine through email as well and I have all the shows.

Cool

hmmm... I might need to shoot an E-mail to Pangolin then.

Adam

Cheers Dj_Nexus, that should have the question answered once and for all.

I can't find any readme file though, not that I would have thought of reading it anyway.

I received all of these shows on the CD that comes with the FB3 eval kit.