Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music for LAStudio shows

OK, after some fine-tuning of the syncing I got Storm and Enigma show to play well. A few hundred milliseconds offset and a fraction of a percent in playback speed makes all the difference.

The enigma show is very nice for beams, but requires good syncing. I found
    that 100.3% playback speed and -0.3s offset worked well for the file I have (ripped with EAC from MCMXC A.D. (The Limited Edition)).

Storm worked well with just a 100.4% playback speed and no offset. My version is from The Best of album.

I find magic very hard to sync correctly though... will need some more work.

EDIT: 100.4% and -0.8s seems to work for magic.
    Last edited by tocket; 03-17-2008 at 16:03.

I am glad this thread came about - I really had no idea that the shows were synced to any particular song - I just limited the track to the length of any song and played it. It could be really cool when a random song worked really well with a particular show.

Heh - I guess I'll have to find all these songs now and link them up once I get the projector working again.

EDIT - for the record I also do not have the 'read-me' file that was mentioned.

-Max

Here are the offsets I have:

Magic - 800msec
    Cant Stop This - 333msec
    Engima Show - 333msec
    In the Dawn - 0msec
    Other Worlds - N/A due to version of song I have
    Storm - 0msec
    Invisible - 600msec
    What do you want - 633msec

Of course, it depends on the how the song was ripped. I didn't have to adjust the playback speed. I set it at 30frames per second and it is right on target. I am using my Spaghetti software for playback.

It's odd that the shows that I've synced always end up with a playback speed of around 100.4%. Almost like there's a systematical error. Have yet to confirm it though.

I have to use winamp for playback, as mediaplayer sometimes give an incorrect song length. I suspect this might be a problem with VBR, but I have not investigated it further.

Does it stay in sync for the whole show duration carmangary? The change in playback speed is so small that it's only possible to detect it towards the end of the show. The enigma show is excellent for testing this, because the song features a very monotone drum track and a beam effect that goes very well with it. Basically the middle beam (at the top) should light on every snare drum beat throughout the whole song.

Max, when you see one of these shows properly synced to the song they're made for it'll be a whole new experience compared to using them with random songs.

I double checked and it seems synced through the entire show. Oddly, I don't know which beams you are talking about. I don't see them... or at least I don't think I do.

You can download my Spaghetti show from my website and see if the sync issues are there. You can play it back in preview mode if you don't have compatible hardware (Moncha, Easylase, or Riya are supported).

It is easy to create a show for playback:
    (1) Start Spaghetti
    (2) Select New Project and specify a directory to store it in and select the Enigma song file. Select 1 layer.
    (3) Use the Select Ilda Folder menu option to select the folder contaning the EnigmaShow.ild file. It will show up as an icon in the Current Folder tab.
    (4) Drag the icon onto the timeline. Use the left and right arrow keys to slide it back and forth. Set the beginning around .3 seconds since thats what we both said we are using.
    (5) Select the Play Show menu item. It will play it in preview mode.

It is a lot to do but I would be interested if you have sync problems.

does anyone have the Proxima. Song "Other Worlds" ?
    I cant find that MP3 anywhere..

Please help :-)

I have it. PM sent. Does anyone have the song that goes with the demo show? I have all the rest.

Thank you gary for your help.

Hopefully someone has the LASTUDIOSHOW soundfile.
    Maybe we can contact LAstudio to find out who the artist is.

Or maybe the guys at PANGOLIN know?