Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cd White Beam !!

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    Dar303,

It does look big in that first pic....but I think it is somewhat compact ????
    Measures 14.5" W by 12.5" D by 14.5" H.....so...due the triple decker design...looks ..." chunky " ???? I started out with two (2) levels....but was forced to go to three (3) with the addition of the thermal managment
    components ! Thanx !

BoB

That is quite small!
    I'll go with the stacked design when I build mine too, I saved your pics as inspiration!

Looks like he has a pair of digital thermal controllers in there - I was looking at those too from some seller on eBay.

Let us know how those work. I would like to have a few case fans that would be controlled by those. Maybe one that is full on and another one or two that turn on after the temp rises above a certain degree.

-Max

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    cdbeam-

WOW!!!! looks EXCELLENT!! love the stacked deck design. good idea!! could you elaborate a little more on the cooling you said you were incorporating?? seems very interesting...

oh, your avatar...from "Contact" right?? (GREAT movie!!)

-Marc

oh- could you try to get a couple shots of the "whiteness" of the beam?? (dot shot and beam shot?) curious as to the balance with those powers. only if it isnt too much trouble!

Default Over the top ???

Hello All,

Thanx for all the great comments !!!!!!!!!! Ya know...when all is done...my
    projector will have more wires and cha-cha then others due the addition of the Thermal managment stuff.

I imagine some would question the utility of using additional TE cooling...when both Lasever DPSS heads have TE.....well....it may be judged as over the top, redundent, and even unjustifiable........BUT...
    IMNSHO....I want to know what is going on....realtime....all the time the DPSS heads are operating.

DPSS pump diodes achieve max output with the correct temp and a stable temp. Pump diode life is maximized when the diodes are kept cool.
    Neither Lasever head gets overly warm ....but...I have NOT ran them for extensive periods of time....so...the whole Thermal managment aspect...which was designed by Mike (Mech3Eng) is really insurance..that this will not happen...and that I get the most output and max MTTF.

There will be two (2) Aubon PLC controllers. one for the Green DPSS and one for the Blue DPSS. These units have a temp type K probe placed as close to the DPSS head as possible. The temp is monitored and the unit sends a signal to the SSR ( Solid State Relay ) to turn on the TE/Fan units should the temp go out range. Most RGB projectors use cooling fans to move excess heat out and away from all electronics. Mike's design incorporates a Logysis fan controller....to monitor...and control the cooling fans. Again...the reason for this is to keep an eye on components which inturn process heat out and away.

I must again REALLY thank Mech3Eng...His help and design are GREAT !!!
    and....SOOOO many posts on PL have truly provided an extreme amount of information...that my projector would not be if these things did not exist !!!!!!!!!!! THANKS !!!....and yes...I will get a pic of the beam....it is a very white,,,,with a hint of green !! As you would expect with my ratio !!!

CDBEaM / BoB
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !