Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cd White Beam !!

Default Cd White Beam !!

Hello All,
    Well…after months of planning and building…and much help from many great guys at PL !!!...The First part of the projector build is achieved…First White Light from the CDBEAM projector#1. No scanner swinging the beam around yet…soon !! Unit has (1) Lasever 532nm@475mw, (1) MaXYZ 650nm@456mw and (1) Lasever 473@205mw. Many other things to still hook up…
    With Mech3Eng as my teacher ( THANX MIKE !!!)…I have will use the same Thermal Management set up he has used: Auber PLC controllers coupled to SSR to monitor/control the additional TE/Fan/Heat Sink units…which are attached to the underside of the Blue and Green DPSS . A Logisys (3) Fan controller to monitor/control (2) inlet fans and (1) outlet fan. Still must connect and tune the Laserpic 30K scanners. The finished projector will be covered with a combo of aluminum sheet and Lexan clear plastic(maybe) . I went with the Pangolin LD-2000 hooked to a QM2000.net…WOW…Impressive ( and I have just started to Learn what the programme can do )…Pangolin does it ALL…and they are VERY ,VERY patient with us newbees !!!! I have made some mistakes…so far (smoked a Lasever 5VDC PS…DUH ! )….and am sure I will make some more….all you can do is educate yourself, go SLOW… and take advantage of the HUGH amount of experience of PL members !! I have attached some pics of the current progress. The beam output is greenish white… due the overkill on the Green DPSS. I have many other build pics…and look forward to the return of the PL gallery !!! Thanx for ALL your help !!!Bill ( Whitcher88 ) and I will hopefully carpool from Michigan for SELEM…that’s the plan !!! Later…and CDBEAM !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0013.JPG  

IMG_0004.JPG  

IMG_0012.JPG  

IMG_0008.JPG  

Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

congrats, looks great

now you just need to get yourself some scanners in there!

looks fooking great
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Default BMC ??

Thanx Guys !!!...And...There WILl Be a Projector#2....someday !!! Do you recognize the pic in my Avatar ????mmmm????Hint===> BMC !!!

Later...BoB
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Wow, very nice!
    Hom big is that thing, looks massive!

Default Bigger'n'Breadbox !!

Dar303,

It does look big in that first pic....but I think it is somewhat compact ????
    Measures 14.5" W by 12.5" D by 14.5" H.....so...due the triple decker design...looks ..." chunky " ???? I started out with two (2) levels....but was forced to go to three (3) with the addition of the thermal managment
    components ! Thanx !

BoB

BoB

thats looking mighty fine - and nicely made too. I like the 3d design and the way the top deck is neat and clear wiith good access. Cant wait to see it fully enclosed.

Nice work

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Smile Nice work Bob!

Bob, your projector is beautiful! I can see Mike's influence, both in the clean layout and in the serious thermal management. I'm sure you won't have any overheating problems!

My projector is nowhere near as clean. I guess I was in a hurry to get white light, so while I took my time with the alignment of the lasers and optics, I wasn't really concerned with the wiring runs. So the inside of my projector looks like an explosion at a spaghetti factory!

One day I'm going to rip everything out of my current projector box and re-build it with a cleaner design. One day...

Still, I can see that all the extra time you've spent planning your projector has really paid off. *very* clean design, Bob! And it looks like it will be as solid as a rock too.

Can't wait to see it in action at SELEM 2008 this summer. (Remember, Friday evening, August 15th, through Sunday evening, August 17th, in Newton, North Carolina!)

Adam

cdbeam-

WOW!!!! looks EXCELLENT!! love the stacked deck design. good idea!! could you elaborate a little more on the cooling you said you were incorporating?? seems very interesting...

oh, your avatar...from "Contact" right?? (GREAT movie!!)

-Marc

oh- could you try to get a couple shots of the "whiteness" of the beam?? (dot shot and beam shot?) curious as to the balance with those powers. only if it isnt too much trouble!

Very Nice! One day I'm gonna build an all solid state projector when my ion lasers die.