Thread: Silly question

Default Silly question

Hi everyone, im new in this forum and am very happy that i found u guys here. Read almost all threads and found lots of usefull stuff!!
    I bought a set of scanpro20 scanners with dmx512 rgb board from laser show parts and i'd like to test it . now i know that dmx board cant store any patterns or any information, but in the manual it says that it has some built in stuff, so is it possible to use it as stand alone thing? i havent got a dac and software yet but would like to see scanners working.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by forsas_II View Post
    Hi everyone, im new in this forum and am very happy that i found u guys here. Read almost all threads and found lots of usefull stuff!!
    I bought a set of scanpro20 scanners with dmx512 rgb board from laser show parts and i'd like to test it . now i know that dmx board cant store any patterns or any information, but in the manual it says that it has some built in stuff, so is it possible to use it as stand alone thing? i havent got a dac and software yet but would like to see scanners working.

cheers
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The ScanPro20's with the DMX board are a standalone unit that is capable of producing simple graphic effects. You should have got an instruction sheet with them. If you didn't get one have a look on lasershowparts website and i'm pretty sure there's one there for download. Or you could wait for Dave from Lasershowparts to come along and provide a link.

Pretty much all you need to do is couple everything up and switch it on and the galvos should work... you won't get any nice pretty patterns until you fire a laser at the galvos of course

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

but do i need a controller for dmx? i mean how do i change patterns? it doesnt say much in the manual... i hooked everything up following all instructions but both scanners are moving up and down in the same sequence no matter what i do...

forsas_II,

Here's what I discovered by playing around. With the DMX512 address switch
    plugged into J4, leaving all dip switches in the OFF position, you get one set
    of pre-programmed patterns. With switches 7 and 8 ON, you get another, which is basically something being spelled out in what I would guess is Chinese, and finally, with switches 7,8 and 9 ON you get another set of patterns. I'm new myself so that's all I can offer.

Hope this helps,
    jeff

thanks jkendri, it seems that something's wrong because nothing changes no matter what i set on the address switch... the scanners are drawing like a quarter of a circle , a piece of round line... and its happening in very low rate so u even cant see a solid line. im pretty sure that i wired it correctly except ground. I heard that ground might be a bit tricky, i connected everything to one, could this be my mistake?

Lightbulb

PM dave. He should have a little info on this board. I have it also, but did not play around with it much. I forget what switched I did, but there is a way to go through 20 to 30 different patterns that are already stored on the chip. I do not think you can changed them or add new ones.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

shoot me a pm, lets get it sorted out

Dave
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/