Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bullet proof Pangolin ?

Quote Originally Posted by decix View Post
    I had the same problems with an EasyLase and my cheap old 30 EUR fog machine.
    Since I have my new Antari fogger nothing ever crashed.
    You can either try to connect the power supply of the fogger to a different phase
    or go and buy a new one. (Buying cheap means buying expensive in the end )
    I second that. I owned a few Chouvete/American DeepJunk (AKA American DJ)
    now they are a pile of metal. My Z1500 Antari (Actually 2 of them) still works like a clock and never gave me any problem except....controller board power connector has melted after all that abuse. So I had to put another one. If your Antari start to smell funny you'll need to replace that connector.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Foggers, Dry Ice machine, bubble machines and so on MUST BE on another phase of distro box or at least on another breaker then all computerized gear.
    Not always practical, especially when I'm running from a generator.

The computers are all laptops, except for the storage server which usually doesn't come on the road with me, so they're not affected by this; the audio gear is all based around DSPs, MOTU 828 mk3s to be exact, but they're not affected either. The only things that seem upset are the Mackie SRM350s (which emit a loud FARRRRT when I fire the fogger, but of course don't crash) and the laser, which crashes. The EasyLase doesn't seem to have a problem, but then I do have it running off a rather nice SMPS which helps immeasurably.

The odd thing is that the fogger used to be fine, but now doesn't do so well. I suspect the cheap motor in the pump is dying... I wanted to get a good hazer anyway- any recommendations?

Never had any problem running my gear of anything... gens...distros... wall plugs and even entire setup on 1 plug..(Had to replace a breaker from 15 to 25 amp) Nothing crushes. No noise nothing. You probably need to reinvest into some good quality products. Can I say...hmm professional gear.

Never had any problem running my gear of anything... gens...distros... wall plugs and even entire setup on 1 plug..(Had to replace a breaker from 15 to 25 amp) Nothing crushes. No noise nothing. You probably need to reinvest into some good quality products. Can I say...hmm professional gear.
    You can't get more professional than Mackie SRM350s.

It's the fogger- it's totally broken. I think the motor is sparking internally.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    You can't get more professional than Mackie SRM350s.
    LOL What about "Beah"ringer? I rest my case.

LOL What about "Beah"ringer? I rest my case.
    I had a pair of Behringers, but they blew smoke rings when a Douchebag DJ (tm) clipped hard all the way through a two hour set. The SRM350s seem to be immune to all known forms of abuse!

Actually "Beah"ringers are used as a stools or as a stands now days. They well know to catch fire. This includes their entire range of products.
    Mackie SRM350s are actually entry level China made mobile DJ stuff for small venues.

Actually "Beah"ringers are used as a stools or as a stands now days. They well know to catch fire. This includes their entire range of products.
    Mackie SRM350s are actually entry level China made mobile DJ stuff for small venues.
    Mine were made in Italy- I use them as monitors. I have a pair of SRM450s for the main sound at gigs (and I have a kickass-a-hedrotron Mackie sub too )

Actually for my "some time" in industry I've never seen anyone using Mackies.
    It's always the same company....with 3 character name

Actually for my "some time" in industry I've never seen anyone using Mackies.
    It's always the same company....with 3 character name
    really? I see mackies using being used a lot as monitors.. JBL's are the main speakers though.
    - instinct