Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB - Bragg mount for a NEOS AOTF head

didnt even realise as I typed it - it does have a certain 'ring' to it
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Jem - Just purchased the non rack mount version of that and it looks like I may have got it for a very reasonable price if matey gets what he wants for his.

I've been a bit of a willy head here chaps (That's polite Eastern for 'A Cock' Rob ) I purchased a Newport AOM off of Ebay the other day, A Newport N24080, and while just perusing through my Ebay I noticed it has a Bragg Mount slung under it so upon it's arrival it will be duly removed and wanged onto the NEOS AOM ready to be lobbed in front of the 'pretty' end of my ALC68.

So - I will say Sorry for this thread as I didn't really and truthfully need a caffin mount in the first place as it seems I have one on the way

Simon - How much

Pic's of the NEOS (need to find out why the large resistor has been added to the PSU socket (got the PSU as well BTW) :-
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Hmmm - just took a closer look at your AOM pic's Rob and it looks to have some sort of termination resistor? fitted to the BNC connector. Mine has not got this, in fact it had no lead from the driver to the head at all. I have some Belden 443945 co-ax with BNC terminations on it and was going to use that - Had I better be careful with what I use?
    Got to admit, when I did lamp it all up the driver did get rather warm.... Is this normal?

Thank for all of your help people, it's much appreciated believe me!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

The driver gets very warm! Have you checked the volts coming into the Neos controller from the PSU?
    That is the same controller I have I hope you got a bargain if you paid less than his BIN price then I guess you did. They still fetch good money - and were expensive when new - I got mine at the same time as my whitelight for an additional £500 for cell mount controller and PSU. I considered that a good deal 3 and a half years ago
    To keep mine cool I have attached a load of old CPU heatsinks to the bottom of the controller and have some fans blowing along them. If you mount it in a case on a good bit of ally chassis you should be ok.
    As for the terminator - I use it as I use a T piece to connect. I have mine set up so the twiddly knob is on top and the BNC at the bottom, so using a straight end was a PIA if I wanted to remove the cable without disturbing everything. So having several T pieces spare and no 90 degree bends I opted for this which requires the use of the terminator.
    I have successfully used old thinwire network cable on mine, Have you got the cripms for the BNCs etc - if not I do.
    What I would advise when you get this working is rotate the cell and peak it in to find the best output. The cell is polarisation sensitive so it matters how the beam enters it as to how effecient it will be. I tried mine in several positions to ensure I was operating at max. which fortunately for me - and prob will be for you too, is in the normal upright position.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    The driver gets very warm!
    <snipped>
    Rob
    Excellent Rob, thanks again.
    I paid £400 for the NEOS from Alex Laser here on the forum - www.lasertech-uk.com
    It was in with the 8W Spectra physics here http://tinyurl.com/2jkoht he had on Ebay and I asked if he wanted to split and he was OK to do that and then he went on to put the laser back on Ebay again at a reduced rate http://tinyurl.com/2pgykf

I am going to build a small optics/scanner board, board to hang on the end of the 68 and have the rest, PSU, NEOS driver etc, on a small plate somewhere else maybe on an umbilical lead to the head??

The glory of this 68 is that it's 230v which makes things so much easier.

So many projects, so little time
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

PS - Anyone got a >5W Gas whitelight that runs on 230V for less than a tenner??

Anyone

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Air cooled.....

Yes Rob, Air cooled please.
    I am actually highly allergic to water after a childhood accident involving my dads lawnmower and a steam cleaner.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Yes Rob, Air cooled please.
    I am actually highly allergic to water after a childhood accident involving my dads lawnmower and a steam cleaner.
    That sounds like the sort of thing that would happen to a Spinal Tap drummer.

Rob

The AOM has no turned up and the Bragg mount fitted to it fits the NEOS perfectly so im a happy man today
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!