Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB - Bragg mount for a NEOS AOTF head

Default WTB - Bragg mount for a NEOS AOTF head

The head is a:- N48062 -2.5-.55-W

Thanks.

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I take it you are after one of these Jim?
    I dont have one for sale but depending on how desparate you are you may get one from Edmunds optics. Dunno how much but their service is pretty good when ordering online

Hope it helps

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I take it you are after one of these Jim?
    I dont have one for sale but depending on how desparate you are you may get one from Edmunds optics. Dunno how much but their service is pretty good when ordering online

Hope it helps

Rob
    Thanks matey.

Alex, who I bought the AOM off suggested just a bent bit of Ally will do the job?

I will take a look later Rob, I didn't think of them actually

Ordered a dichro from Edmunds on the 6th of this month and still haven't got it. UPS cock up by all accounts - lost the piggin packet!
    Edmunds are send another to me tomorrow.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

yeah an ally bracket (a substantial piece of ally not exactly a bent bit o plate ) will do you just need a way of adjusting the angel of the cell - you can do this by using a single mount as a pivot but you are likely to loose 'tune' as you nip the bolt up. If you fancy making one - which aint that hard I will take some pix of mine so you can see how its done if you like. Let me know

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

yeah an ally bracket (a substantial piece of ally not exactly a bent bit o plate ) will do you just need a way of adjusting the angel of the cell - you can do this by using a single mount as a pivot but you are likely to loose 'tune' as you nip the bolt up. If you fancy making one - which aint that hard I will take some pix of mine so you can see how its done if you like. Let me know

Rob
    Your a goodun
    Wham us a phoggy over then mate, that will then give me some idea of what I need to build if they are silly money from our freind Mr Edmund.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Wham us a phoggy over then mate
    Im afraid I am not familiar with this eastern tougne in which you speak therefore I will just have to send you a photo

See below - should be easy to see whats going on but to explain a little.
    Thick L shape bracket in centre is a threaded hole into which you screw the bolt that attaches it to its upright bracket (not shown here). Down this hole is as small screw (can be seen resting on the back of the cell in the second image). This pops through the bracket and the plastic disc - used as a bearing - and screws into the centre hole in the cell. In the bottom of the 'L' there is a spring loaded cap which acts on one side of the cell and a fine threaded screw that acts on the other side of the cell providing adjustment.
    Pretty simple and should be a doddle to knock something up to do the job.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bragg01.jpg  

bragg02.jpg  

Just seen this for sale on fleabay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:B:WNA:GB:1123

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Is this simple 2 axis mount any good?
    Could easily be a 1 axis mount if you un-bolt half of it.
    Fixing holes are 37.5mm apart.
    Open to reasonable offers, or it goes back in the box for another day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC04147.JPG  

DSC04146.JPG  

DSC04145.JPG  

Hey Simon
    I bet Smog could easily mod that to do the job.
    Rob

Hey Simon
    I bet Smog could easily mod that to do the job.
    Rob
    Hi Rob
    Kinda catchy that, could have some mileage - Smog-Mod-Job