Thread: Limited movements

Default Limited movements

Hi All, I'm getting a little fristrated with the functionality Live Q. Are there any free/cheap programs I can use to make more fluid/natural animations?

Graham

LAStudio is free, and it has essentially unlimited capabilities, including spline interpolated paths. Did you receive a free copy with the FB3?

Bill

LAStudio?

i dont seemt o have LAStudio

this is what i got with my fb3

liveproUSB
    LIVEQ
    DRAW3D
    abstract
    shrider

am i mising one??

thanks
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

Draw 3D, Showrider, and Abstraction are all part of the LA Studio software suite. You should also have Showrider live, and the Auto-player tool. (I forget what it's called off the top of my head.) There's a text tool as well, though it might be built-in to Showrider rather than runing as a stand-alone tool. (Been a while since I messed with it, and I can't remember now exactly how it worked.)

Have a look here on the Pangolin website and follow the links to the other parts of the LS Studio software. You should have all those applications. Together, they're collectively known as the "LA Studio Software".

Adam

ah i see i didnt know that.

its a collection of programs not just one.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Yeah I have all those packages.
    Abstract I love
    ShowRider has 3 bits to it. Designer, Live and Player
    1) the designer where you can do time line stuff, but I have some major issues with it, for instance not being able to move a segment without it duplicating (why does it do that ). There is no undo function, If you make a mistake you have to close it down and open it at the last place you saved it from, potentially loosing ots of work.
    2) The live player, which is cool because you can play stuff that you saved from Abstract without exporting it first...you can play .LAB files without exporting them to LPC which Live Q uses. This kit looks like it can do a lot too but I cant fathom it. It does have some rotate functions which are pritty cool, I guess it's like a slightly beefed up version of LiveQ but without the function to edit frames...
    3) the Player, you can list a load of shows which it will play in succession.

Then in the package you get 3D Draw which I havent really played with at all. But I really want to make animation, but not animation like cartoon animation, just for beams but with natural movements. What do all you guys use to make smooth and intricate animations...?
    An example of somthing I'd like to be able to do is a bouncing ball, where the motion slows at the top of each bounce. Then accelerates as it goes down. I could accomplish this in LiveQ but would take ages and wouldnt be very smooth.
    Graham

I think a lot of what you are experiencing has to do with... lack of experience with the package, combined with what is probably inferior documentation. But this is where peer groups like PL hopefully come into play. I am sure there must be at least a few people on PL who are familiary with PL and who can give you some good advice.

Regarding Undo, I am sure it is there, somewhere. And this "duplicating lines", gosh I don't know.

Part of the problem is terminology. You use a terminology I don't understand, and so if I use that as a frame of reference, I can't give you good advice. Getting together at one of the various PL meetings would offer the ability to show you "right there" how to do things, what to do, what to aviod, etc...

Bill