Thread: Dichros sides and id

Default Dichros sides and id

I have 2 dichros that i bought from Bridge (by the way, great service) and want to use them with a red and green laser.

I have some doubts:
    -How do you differentiate between the 2 dichros?
    -Do they have a side or they can be used either sides?

15mm Diameter AR Coated (reflect blue and green pass red)
    15mm Diameter AR Coated (reflect blue pass green and red)

Im planning on this layout.. can this be done?

Thank you all for your help..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails layout.JPG  

Hold the dichros up to the light. The one you want is the one that looks red. Not the one that looks yellow. The red one will PASS red and reflect green (if you set the dichro on a table or something and look at the reflection it will look more green) and that is the dichro you want.

There is a coated side - the trick I use to find the coated side is to use a pencil or pointed object and CAREFULLY touch the surface of the dichro off to the edge. On one side the reflected image will touch the pencil. The other side there will be a slight distance between the pencil and the reflected image. You want to use the side that touches the pencil as the side that reflects the green laser.

With that said. Yes your design will work just fine. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

-Max

Thank you for your help mliptack

Quote Originally Posted by jmilan View Post
    Im planning on this layout.. can this be done?

Thank you all for your help..
    I would switch places green and red. Let red reflect and green pass. You can afford to loose some green but not red. Also leave a space for blue. Blue has to be as close to galvos as possible.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

That won't work with the dichros he has. He would need a "reflect red, pass green" dichro, and Bridge doesn't seem to sell those.

I agree that reflecting the red is the smart way to go (that's the way my projector is set up), but if you don't have the right dichro you can't do it that way.

So, unless jmilan wants to go out and buy another dichro, he's stuck with the configuration he has now.

Adam

great threads.
    yes, as red is more expensive, I agree reflect red and pass green is better,as you all know, reflect always loss little than pass, but Jmilan's design also can working, he just pass the red and reflect green, combine red and green to yellow.
    yes, as many people like reflect red pass green, maybe next the reflect red pass green is our standard products, thanks for all of you good reply and suggestion, we will did this sample soon.
    ok, Jmilan, the reflect side is always high brightness, you 'd better building the green one on the reflect side. .
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge