Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum cabinets...

Smile

This is a crude, but effective sketch of what I have in mind.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails casePL.JPG  

You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I'm quite interested
    How much would shipping to europe be?

Is this anodized black?

Looks like around $45 for international priority 5 day transit time,insured. They are plain aluminum. I am however looking for a local company to ano them.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

here is my alu case that I did get in the local shop

Not done yet...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Desember 099.jpg  

OK I have found a deal with a supplier. The cabinets are already made to size, all bolt holes drilled and tapped,and already anodised in gunmetal grey finish. All hardware is included with each unit. This will be solid T-6 aircraft alu with 6mm end panels and 3mm top and bottom panels. All socket head fasteners and allen wrenches ready to be assembled. It will be exactly as pictured below with the only difference being the color. The exterior dimensions are 15.5" wide,7" high, and 10.75" deep. The only holes that would have to be cut will be the apeture,fan and air intakes,and ILDA and power ports. I cut all of my holes on a mill. They could be cut on the CO2 laser at you specs or drawings at cost. The cases will need to be purchased as a group of 10 {ten units} to make this happen at a cost of $200 each. This is for them to be shipped to me. It would be approx. 20 for USPS priority mail insured stateside. This is a very robust design and will work as I have a 40A supply feeding all the laser drivers,DT-40 Pro setup, and PID cooling and TEC assy. in there. Also my dreaded switches......sorry Adam. I picked up the angle for mounting the beam table at Lowes. This is ready to make happen....... I will wait and see who is interested. This is a one time deal. This size,color,and price as described. They are not covered by the following....CDRH,ILDA,or any other type of org. They are great for laser projectors though. Tough. Pix....>>>>>>>this cabinet has the catweasle amp......sorry. It has been updated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2074.JPG  

100_2078.JPG  

100_2085.JPG  

Looks good. I am still in for 3 of these.

Do they have the cases in a larger size?

This is the only size available. The cases are ready to assemble , all but the cut outs. I can get this done at a machine shop in town or have the guys at the CO2 laser cut them. It would be around $100/Hr for the laser to cut the pieces. Machining will be much less. Maybe I should arrive at a standard hole setup and let it go. If the setup is changed each case for different holes, the fees will become out of this world. Maybe everyone can come to a conclusive hole and fan location that all will agree upon. They are ready to fill the order.....so it is up to us to make the call here. Let me know and I will make ready to assign a hole set up. Apeture near top left/right? Fan intake/exhaust locations up high? One or two fans? The offer for the 55mm multi-coated A/R apeture lenses are still available as well. I am sure that a larger cabinet could be made using the end plates only, but they will only sell as a complete unit. As they are this is a very robust case.....looks good too. Throw out some ideas here......

Ummm - did the site get hacked or something?!?!

Is this GB still going to happen?