Thread: Laserworld - very bad experience.

Thumbs down Laserworld - very bad experience.

Happy to know that lot of peoples like laserworld, but read what's happened to me, and take care.

I've won on ebay a 200mw a NEW laser module, for 169 euro. With shipment cost, less than 200.
    Laser module comes very quicky to me, inside a not so well packing: psu and moduel togheter in same box without foam or else.
    But... suprise ! A module bought for new looked absolutely used : some scratch, clear sight of screw, thermal conductive paste on baseplate and cutted wires. I can exibite photos if needed.

Wrote that to laserworld, the amazing reply was that this cheap modules come as stock from china, and that are the usually estetical condition.
    That's make me laugh: i've often bought from china and packing and condition are usually perfect.

Well, after my new reply laserworld offer to me a refund, but first i had to ship back the item (and i have to pay for that). That's fine. But i don't want to pay UPS to ship a lasermodule that is not like i payed for.
    The paypal resolution center (i've payed in that way on ebay) told me the same. It's now logical to pay 30 euro for a express courier to have a refound of 169. I decide to use the lasermodule... but how many life hours have this used laser ? 10 ? 50 ? 100 ? I know that there is a "warranty", but i'm scared to know what will be the reply if module will die in a few months ( sure bad use of module...).

What a bad deal...

Andrew

I have a similar issue with their returns policy, which I'm hoping Martin is going to sort out.

Their website states on the RMA page (in the various languages available) that returns are without cost (English and Italian) and (German) they refund postage after receipt. (I was going to provide the translation but for some reason my work PC won't copy out of the webpage, but take alook for yourself http://www.laserworld.com/rma-service.html )

The terms and conditions on the RMA state that for items over 40EUR they will also pay postage for 'cooling off' returns under distance selling regulations.

I have however been told that items internationally shipped are FOB EX WORKS and i have to pay shipping. I've queried why the T&C on the site don't apply to me.

Mr. Martin Werner told me that terms are FOB EX WORK. That means that shipment cost are care of customer, it's right ?
    He never talk about about a shipment free of charge for me.

However, RMA term says that :

(3) When withdrawing a contract you are obliged to return the goods to us. We pay for the shipment. Not shippable goods are being picked up through us. We are only paying the cost of
    shipment if the price of the good (brutto) does exceed 40,-EUR.

But nobody told me about that.

NO, and I've just had a response from Martin stating that free returns only apply to some German returns. I have suggested that they revise the text on their website to make the position exactly clear.

To be clear, Martin never offered me free shipping, I queried why it wasn't when the website seems to state in a number of places and languages that it is paid for by Laserworld.

I think that part of the reason why I am having issues is because I have felt that I've been told things which appear contrary to information on the website - probably due to the website not being clear enough in its statement. So I've asked for clarification and I've received what appears to be a dismissive response.

This seems like a simple failing of communicating effectively and something that has left a bad taste in my mouth really, and could probably be avoided in the future. I hope someone from Laserworld reads this and perhaps takes on board some of the issues we've had for the sake of any future customer service.

Ok, this sorry saga is still continuing, and will probably warrant a thread of its own once complete, however the detail will have to wait I think.....

Vega - I'd try the laser for a while, if I were you. If it packs up after a few hours, you could try getting it replaced under warranty, worth the shipping cost. If it's still going strong after a period of use, you could be in luck - the price you paid would be hard to match elsewhere, so you might as well treat it as the bargain it is, and enjoy it!

I had the same experience with a 100mW green. The PSU and the laser where both packed together in a antystatic bag. the first time the lasermodule damaged some components on the psu so the laser didn't worked.
    It was also clearly visible the PSU was used for a long time becuase i could see some static dust on some high voltage components. Also the lasermodule itself was full of scratches.
    I returned the laser for RMA, a few day later I received a other laser module.

the lasers are not new, I hope the lasers are referbished and diodes inside is new.

Also bought a set of 50k scanners from laserworld and they are brand new, ans works fine. did not test if they really do 50k becouse I'm still running with a LPT DAC.