Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Construction Project

Trying again....................................................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laseverdriver2.bmp  

Looks about the same. Out of curiosity what did you do so that it didn't show the image in the forum?

Well now it has to load.. I didnt used to have this problem...
    No, I dont have to drag to fill in the empty space when its in paint but after I upload..theyre real small .maybe the file's too big.. I'll try something else..

Looks about the same. Out of curiosity what did you do so that it didn't show the image in the forum?
    I put it in .bmp format

oh hmmm, I thought .bmp's still showed up...

They never have for me.. JPGs always do tho..

What does it do when you click on the very small pics? Do you ever see a magnifying glass?

Of course that would make sense. Here is the image with more of the white area removed.

I usually just add the single image up at a time, with the manage attachments part of the site you can upload 5 pictures at a time, it takes a bit more time, however.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lasever driver.JPG  

What happens when you click on it and use your mouse wheel?

OK- Ive entered 5 pics separately-- better?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LE pic1.JPG  

LE pic2.JPG  

LE pic3.JPG  

LE pic4.JPG  

LE pic5.JPG  

Last edited by steve-o; 03-23-2008 at 15:50.

Default Flexibillity...Projector 101

Hi Steve,

I would like to note a little something re: projector construction. Whereas I have just finished with the alignment in the nearfield of my total 1watt RGB….although it may be considered “ Projector 101 “….I have not found it yet in the postings ???

In reference to “ Rob Stanley ( Stanwax ) write up on Laser alignment (THANX ROB )….the first goal must be to have the beams superimposed / stacked / aligned to each other as they pass thru the Dichro mirrors….so…the beams MUST be all in the same position both vertically and horizontally as they land on the Dichro mirrors….But to do this there need be some adjustment room. One can either have the Laser heads adjustable OR the Dichro mirror . I chose the Laser heads to be adjustable. And only two…of the three heads need be adjustable.

If you go with the standard set up of: Green: Red : Blue….with Green First, Red Middle…and Blue Last ( Meaning last laser prior to the scanner head )…then the Green Head can be stationary with no adjustment option. But both the Red and Blue DPSS head need be adjustable in the X/Y direction. This adjustment allows the heads to be positioned so that the beams ALL stack atop one another….thus alignment in the nearfield is achieved !!

As far as vertical alignment….there are many options….but assuming that all three the beam heights are more or less standardized to 25.4mm offset….you may only need to make some minor corrections. My Green DPSS head needed a few layers of .2 Aluminized tape on the back underside…the type used in the Heat/cooling industry for duct work. ! This works great !!

Although close to becoming a functional RGB projector….I already am thinking about what I would have done different. It depends on what you are willing to give up to achieve flexibility for future upgrades or additions. I envision the day when Blue Direct Injections have arrived…and are very inexpensive…Great….I have room for that. !!
    I would like more red……a Quad MaXYZ…..That MAY be available….someday !!! But…hmmm…I do NOT have room for that !!!...So it goes !! I think you may see some very adventurous soul mount their heads in a yoke assembly….as in the Laserwurx design…..Now…maintaining optical alignment in that makes my head spin !!!! Anyway….just thought I’d pipe in here….more for the newbee than for you !!!

CDBEAM !!
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !