Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Construction Project

Default Construction Project

Hi Ya'll!
    I'm re-building my projector (again) this time RGB tho--and posting this + pics for 2 reasons:
    (A)-For any newcomers who might want to know how not to do it,
    -and;
    (2)-For input from all the experts out there on any mistakes I may be making B-4 I get buried too deep and blow-up some expensive eqt. -heh--
    Thanx,
    Steve-o
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails proj construction.JPG  

Thumbs up

Looking good Steve! You should be good to go by the time SELEM rolls around.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Thanx Aaron,
    Packin' your lenses..
    Are these the ones you wanted?

Hmmm.. SELEM... I waz kinda of pain in the ass the last one.. Methinks I wont (old man) trys to drink all you youngsters under the table next time.. had a hellova hangover on the next day.. felt like shit... heheh... If I cans make it i will succumb to maturity and fall asleep at the motel and be neglitible the next day SR had to drive me back to the motel last time...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aaron.JPG  

Last edited by steve-o; 03-21-2008 at 19:59. Reason: added something... :)

Lightbulb

That is them. You weren't bad the next day, although I am glad I did not participate in the drinking contests. I don't do so well in them.

Did you get drivers for those scanners yet? How long till you get that beast all together? I'd say finished, but mine still ain't done, so completion is not requiered, only assembled enough to run.

The Lasever driver case should be isolated. I have had a trimmer and LM358 shunt to gnd on the neg side of the modulation line. There is a problem somewhere in the driver......still looking. Just be sure to keep the regulators cool on the side of the driver.... big heatsink does fine. Looks good Keep up the work and get it lasing soon.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Hey Mike,
    Isolate the driver but not the head?
    Is that correct?
    Thanks Y'all. I'm going to get the 3 lasers in 1st then figure out the galvos/ drivers/ software last. That'll be the hard part (besides building the 636nm)
    Aaron- I dont know how long this will take. 2 months to 6 months maybe depending on spare time not fixing the wife's tiller, repairing screens etc.. etc.. etc
    Mike- yeah I noticed "Mr. Hot" as I call it (the driver) gets real warm real quick. I figured heatsinking him to the chassis was top priority.
    Last edited by steve-o; 03-22-2008 at 08:40.

Default Lasever driver board abnormalities and some possible solutions

I found some strange possible design problems with the Lasever driver. Things that made my ohmmeter read different things at different times..weird. Upon closer investigation I discovered some unusual things that might cause problems. Sharing them with you-all and some possible corrective action solutions ..
    Oh- Happy Easer everybody!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lasever driver.JPG  

Last edited by steve-o; 03-23-2008 at 11:03.

Steve-o I have to ask what your method for posting pictures is - Do you paste many pictures into paint and then post the .bmp? I have a hard time seeing the images you have posted just because the resolution of the final image is too small but there is a lot of white area around it. No offense, just wondering.
    -Max

I dont know why this is happening, yes I am putting multiple photos in ms paint. If you click on them (at least on my pc) they get big, then back small , and a magnifying glass appears (with a "+" in it, like an adobe reader .pdf file) then if you click on the pics again they stay large. I dunno- I'll work on it.. Maybe if I leave them bmp instead of converting to jpg..

Well to get rid of the white space just go to the outer edges of Paint and pull the tabs inward. Or make the pictures large enough to fill that white area.