Thread: QM2000.NET Nice!

Talking QM2000.NET Nice!

Oh Yeah!!!

Look what just showed up at my door a few minutes ago. I sent my QM2000 Pro to be retrofitted into a QM200.NET enclosure. Looks nice!, completely different than picture on the web site, but I like this style better.

The web site said it was going to have an external "Brick power supply", but now the new version is completely enclosed with internal power! It measures 7.5" X 7.5" x 1.5". They also added a cooling fan to the bottom of the unit! Nice slim-line package!!!

I did how ever have to send my card out to be update since the serial was below 7000.

Overall,... VERY NICE!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails qm2000.net 008.jpg  

qm2000.net 001.jpg  

qm2000.net 004.jpg  

Really nice.This is the first time to see this type of QM2000.NET.
    http://www.viasho.com
    wzc@viasho.com
    Wechat & Whatsapp: +8613911142669

Hehe,

It looks very 80's!

They work great tho
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Yeah I agree about the 80's, I wish they could have put some cool colors LEDs for the indicators, like blue or aqua, or purple for power and network ...

I had to peak inside, and WOW!!, nice setup under the hood!

Nice product, how much did it cost? Has anyone used it with a WIFI network and how so? I used to use 2 notebooks with Remote Desktop so I could keep the LD2000 system close to the projector and control the PC from the other end of the room. Worked very well with Yagi Antennas and a Wifi router in the middle. Sounds like this could work in a similar way without a 2nd notebook. Now they just need to add Wifi to it!

-Aje

Smile

It ran about 600$( + the allready owned LD2000 pro card) for the QM2000.net enclosure. It is very nice, I used it on a show last weekend, did a great job. Loads the frames quite fast, but live pro takes about 30-40 seconds to load. But other than that very nice! Now I am just paranoid about it getting stolen, now I need a lo-Jack

Default Frame loading speed

Quote Originally Posted by Misebeam View Post
    Loads the frames quite fast, but live pro takes about 30-40 seconds to load. But other than that very nice!
    Hi-

I was just wondering how fast it is to load a large show in comparison to the direct QM2000 pci connection?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jud View Post
    Hi-

I was just wondering how fast it is to load a large show in comparison to the direct QM2000 pci connection?

Thank you!

Surprisingly fast. I figured it would slow down loading a show tremendously, but it doesn't really. I have a show with over 41,000 frames, takes 6.5 minutes to load with the QM2K in my computer and about 7.5 minutes over the network to the QM2K/.net board.

ps-thats over a 100MB wired connection, haven't tried over wireless. It will work over wireless, just will be slower.
    Last edited by DZ; 05-28-2008 at 09:35.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Surprisingly fast. I figured it would slow down loading a show tremendously, but it doesn't really. I have a show with over 41,000 frames, takes 6.5 minutes to load with the QM2K in my computer and about 7.5 minutes over the network to the QM2K/.net board.

ps-thats over a 100MB wired connection, haven't tried over wireless. It will work over wireless, just will be slower.

That seals it. I am going to get one of these. Just being able to work on shows and frames from the laptop will be worth it!

For wireless, I assume this is not built in and you need and external wireless to ethernet adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by jud View Post
    That seals it. I am going to get one of these. Just being able to work on shows and frames from the laptop will be worth it!

For wireless, I assume this is not built in and you need and external wireless to ethernet adapter?
    Yeah, wireless is not built in. I currently have my QM2K attached to my home network which has a wireless access point. So I can run the software from any pc or from my laptop which is wireless. Which is great since I'm stuck on the couch for another week with a knee injury... So I've been sitting here getting very aquainted with LivePro over a wireless connection to my projector in the other room. You can get the .net board as an OEM, which is just the board you can wire up in a projector or as a complete package that is easy to cary around with a laptop.