Thread: fb3 help

Default fb3 help

hi just got my fb3 set it up and got problems
    no blanking (where do you set it up so i can invert it)
    and all the files are displayed at 45 deg to the left and leaning backwards at 45 deg ?? whats that all about how do i change that
    thanks

also whats the correct pinouts(db 25 end of fb3) they dont look the same as on the ilda web site
    Last edited by badger1666; 03-25-2008 at 14:27. Reason: forgot something

I just got my FB3 running this past week -
    (And got some screwy results until I made the proper connections!) I don't know if this will be of any help, but here's what worked for me -

As far as the blanking, that should be taken care of by the R/G/B color output connections on the FB3. If using a single laser, make that selection under the "projector settings" in LiveQ or Showtime. You might want to drop the Pangolin guys an e-mail if you need to hookup something other than analog blanking.

Concerning the skewed images - I had similar issues when loading the default workspace for LiveQ. In my particular case, I had to invert the scanners themselves, using the jumpers that were provided for this on the scanner amps.

Yeah, be careful with the documentation - I made the same misinterpretation!
    The DB25 should DEFINITELY be hooked up using the ILDA pinout specification - just connect the scanner "-" inputs to ground, and the "+" inputs to the appropriate DB25 connection.

See these links for the "issues" I initially had!! :

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4163

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4152
    Last edited by Stuka; 03-25-2008 at 14:58.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Things rotated 45 degrees is a dead indication that you don't have a ground properly, or that you don't have the inputs setup properly or... something like that.

The reason you see "45 degrees" is because you have some of the Y axis getting into X axis signals, and some of the X axis getting into Y axis signals. Probably you have some "movement" here as well (like jiggling images) because of the ground problem.

Regarding "inverted blanking", I could say a lot of things about this, but before I fly off the handle, I am going to go under the assumption that your blanking doesn't really need inverting because this would mean that your laser is non-standard.

Now with that having been said, there is actually a possibility that your laser IS already setup to the standard, but the reason why you don't have "blanking" is actually related to this "45 degree" problem. Clearly there is a connections problem here, and it could be that, essentially, nothing is connected correctly. So therefore, it could be that, once you have the connecitons setup correctly, everything will just magically work. Hopefully that is the case.

After our experience with Stucka, and also one other client, it could very well be that you have misinterpretted our documentation. Note that when we show "pinouts", the "pinouts" that we show are for the FB3 itself -- and NOT for the included DB25 connector. We terminate the FB3 with a DB25 to help you out. The DB25 is already wired to the ILDA standard. If you have an ILDA standard projector, then all you need to do is connect your projector and... away you go. You don't need to mess with connections on the FB3 itself, or interpret those pinouts.

Now, if your laser is NOT ILDA Standard, then I suggest you make your projector ILDA Standard, by wiring it to the pinouts shown on this web page:
    http://www.pangolin.com/LD2000/qm2000pinouts.htm

Let me know if this discussion helps.

Best regards,

William Benner

Default fb3

all sorted working great now silly me wired it up wrong
    thanks bill all good now
    just one thing
    when playing files they are all off 90 deg which is corrected by adjusting z axis but how do i make it stay at that setting because every time i change anything and come back to the main page it goes back to off 90 deg i have to adjust again its just a minor problem but a pain all the same other wise awesome bit of kit wish i got one of these ages ago
    thanks
    regards
    chris green

90-degree rotation means that you have "exchanged" X and Y. So you have the X axis connected where you should have the Y axis and vice versa.

Once you correct this one, I can see the next one coming. "Now my pictures are backwards". Well, that's your scanner amps' problem. There are usually jumpers to correct it.

Where's Buffo when you need him, to answer some of these questions?

Bill

Cool

Sorry Bill - Been as busy as a one-armed paper hanger lately!

Finally found the time to log in this morning, and had over a hundred threads to read. Holy cow!

Looks like more than a few people have gotten confused between the ilda pinout and the 25-pin ribbon connector pinout on the FB3... Maybe it would be a good idea to make a note in the docs.

Adam