Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have i got a good deal on a rgb laser?

thanks pakcat for contributing and to smogthemog for an informative phone call the other day. i think from what people are saying these lasers are not too bad. tell me pakcat can you morph on the ishow software or is it totally backwards and unusable. im hoping to use it for logos and create lightshows to music every now and again.

Here are some screenshots of the software app...

http://www.nightking.com.cn/ProductShow_EN.asp?ID=199

Decent for freebie, but not for extensive or professional use.

Quote Originally Posted by PackCat View Post
    From what I've seen on this board, Mamba Black seems to be the torture of choice? I already have the USB box that came with the unit. I could not find a price list for the software. Any suggestions?

-john
    Hi, the Mamba software, or any other, is not going to work with the supplied USB to ILDA converter.

This is only working with the iShow software. You additionaly need to buy another DA if you want to use another software with your projector.

ishow!!!

avoid at all costs, it would be like throwing your money down the drain
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Yep, iShow is awful.
    It is a frame by fram editor, so will take a long time to create a respectable show.
    I also have Mamba Black and that is quite amazing.
    Only problem I have is the lasers I have got came with a usb DAC so I can program and test my shows with iShow and also a DMX controlled DAC so I can save shows created via iShow onto an SD card which the DMX/DAC can read via DMX signals and then send the correct show to the laser. Problem is I cannot get a full ilda export out of Mamba Black it only exports any frames that you have created it does not export any tweened animations or colour changes you make using the effects panel within Mamba Black. Which means I would have to use another laptop to run my shows using Mamba Black or use the iShow Software to create my show frame by frame. Neither option is what I want to do. As I want to run the shows created from the SD card via DMX so all my lighting including the lasers can be controlled from one laptop using Daslight DVC2.

Talking

Check out LaserBoy.

It's free. There are many things you can do with it that are of value to anyone interested in laser vector art; including generating the signals that drive the projector.

It now runs in all forms of Windows, Linux and Mac OSX.

http://akrobiz.com/laserboy
    http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/LaserBoy/

There are a few other people here at PL working it into their development strategy.

James.