Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti Question for Carmargarry

Default Spaghetti Question for Carmangary

I'm using Spaghetti to view .ild files as I'm saving ones from here I like for if I ever manage to get ILDA control.

However, when it comes to associating .ild file with Spaghetti I can't do it. Navigating to the folder where the program is supposed to be, which for some reason isn't program files but C Drive>Users>User Name>App Data>Roaming>Microsoft>Windows>Start Menu>Programs>HarperIngenuities ...I find the "Spaghetti on the web" icon but no visible program.

Is there a root kit disguising it?

I also did at one point manage to reveal and copy it to paste it into the x86 programs folder but this didn't work and when I tried to paste it back into roaming it wouldn't let me and now it won't re-install either?

Can Carmargarry help with this?
    Last edited by White-Light; 09-09-2008 at 06:55.

No solution for that since Spaghetti uses some NET-Framework-Stuff I don't even want to install on my machine.
    But you CAN use Gento's Laserfileplayer to view and analyze ILDA-Files. It can be found here: http://www.ilda.de

After some searching I found the install folder under
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\N8HO83Q4.9KN\B7JW6J04.Y0E\spag..tion_50bf2be2f5fe3d1c_0001.0004_ea194b0436bef68b
    replace Administrator with your user folder. Also the cryptic numbers will probably be different. I have no idea why it's there.

That is called "Security by Obscurity".

It's just another fun part of the "new and improved" MS C# .NET V2.0 !!!

Since there is really no way to secure anything in a file system and kernel that has no security.... let's just hide it!

James.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\N8HO83Q4.9KN\B7JW6J04.Y0E\spag..tion_50bf2be2f5fe3d1c_0001.0004_ea194b0436bef68b
    replace Administrator with your user folder. Also the cryptic numbers will probably be different. I have no idea why it's there.
    Thanks, Dr. lava / James.

So if I delete that folder then reinstall will that reinstate it or will it make things worse?

*(Carmangarry, you really should provide an uninstall tool.)

Just go to control panel, add/remove programs, and its in there to uninstall...

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    That is called "Security by Obscurity".

It's just another fun part of the "new and improved" MS C# .NET V2.0 !!!

Since there is really no way to secure anything in a file system and kernel that has no security.... let's just hide it!

James.
    That has nothing to do with it James. You should read a book about it perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    Thanks, Dr. lava / James.

So if I delete that folder then reinstall will that reinstate it or will it make things worse?

*(Carmangarry, you really should provide an uninstall tool.)
    you can uninstall from the control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Code:
    It's because the built-in application publisher sticks it there. In the future I will make a better install program. But for now, the built-in one does a pretty good job and I have bigger fish to fry.

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    I'm using Spaghetti to view .ild files as I'm saving ones from here I like for if I ever manage to get ILDA control.

However, when it comes to associating .ild file with Spaghetti I can't do it. Navigating to the folder where the program is supposed to be, which for some reason isn't program files but C Drive>Users>User Name>App Data>Roaming>Microsoft>Windows>Start Menu>Programs>HarperIngenuities ...I find the "Spaghetti on the web" icon but no visible program.

Is there a root kit disguising it?

I also did at one point manage to reveal and copy it to paste it into the x86 programs folder but this didn't work and when I tried to paste it back into roaming it wouldn't let me and now it won't re-install either?

Can Carmargarry help with this?

I would prefer if you sent me email from my Spaghetti page since i don't always check here but it is oK. i don't currently support associating iLD files with Spaghetti. i can do that in the future, perhaps.