Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: alphalite dac problem

thanks stanwax

i have done that but just a sqiggle on the wall.

guys thanks for all your help spoke to rick last week and even he was lost.
    i even got paul @ bluesky to send me another dac as we thought it was not putting out anything.

Default alpha

hi all

here are some photes of whats set up. any idea's ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S7000285.JPG  

S7000288.JPG  

S7000289.JPG  

Im assuming from what youve said that pin 25 on the db25 goes to the ground on the input of the scanner amps - you cant see from the pic as the wire goes out of the frame
    If this is the case where else does pin 25 connect to? Also in the image of the squiggle on the wall what should be displaying? Always start with something simple - a square or a circle and go from there. As has been discussed in another thread pin 25 should go to the ground of the scanner psu and the laser psu as well as earth on the case (which should be earthed to mains obviously) Dont run a wire from 1 to the next to the next - put individual wires all going back to one point.
    Do you have anyway of testing the signal on the output of the Alpha is correct - A scope or a known working projector? This would help as you may find the scanners are displaying correctly - only once you know the signal is good can you know what should be getting displayed by the scanners.
    If you dont have a means of testing then you will have to assume its right - which of couse it should be but it would be better not to assume.
    Does your alpha have a gain pot on it? If so you should always start with that at its lowest and bring it up slowly as you are displaying a frame.

Some wider angle pix showing all of the wires would be useful

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Default alpha

Hi Rob

Yep i have put the pin 25 to ground on scanner and laser psu /earth. the squiggle was ment to be a circle from the test programme.

No i dont have another projector to test it on and dont know anyone who has got one either. the only way i have been testing is with an multimeter but it seems to be doing something

i just give up on it ! and dont think i can get it to work. all works well when i use the DMX player board but as you all know thats limited to what it can do.

so thanks to all of you for your help and i will let you all know how far it goes when i launch the dac from my top window see if i can hit the canary wharf building lol

i will let you know if i ever get it working