Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiny PC

Default Tiny PC

How about combining one of these:

http://www.fit-pc.com/new/fit-pc/about-fit-pc.html

with a QM-2000.NET??

Oh yeah!!

Default 300 bucks..not bad

Mmmmm ????? 300 bucks...not too much...BUT...will it do what a laptop does ????? Will it work with the QM2000.NET ???????? I would consider it !! But...try as I did....my projector remains...substantial...to transport !!
    SO ????? UGGGGHH..when lifting !!

CDBEAM /BoB
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

No all those small pcs dont' have any PCI slots so you will need PCI to USB. So laptop is still better option (just because you don't have to carry extra LCD).
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

I like these models.

http://www.stealthcomputer.com/littlepc_slots.htm

I think Bill Benner had this featured as an available product.

Phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 450pci_front_large.jpg  

450pci_inside_large.jpg  

Hmmm...

Am I missing something here???

I have my QM200.Net mounted close to my projector (in the laptop friendly box), this way I only need a short run of the DB25 cable. I then run up to 100mtrs of Cat5 network cable to wherever I have decided to situate myself within a venue and plug it into my laptop. With this setup I can have my projector on a stage and I can be at the back of the venue watching the output from the projector. I like beams and it's much better operating LivePRO when you can see the direct output of the projector.

It just seems to me that by mounting a QM2000 directly in a computer you're completely losing it's flexibility. I guess it's fine if you just want to do graphics and are always sat close to your projector, but for beam work...

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I made my own, thought it would be fun:

http://specwhore.com/uPango/

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I made my own, thought it would be fun:

http://specwhore.com/uPango/
    Very cool!

But I bet you spilled your soda in it, didn't you... Yeah, I know. It's just there for size reference.

Quote Originally Posted by godfrey View Post
    Very cool!

But I bet you spilled your soda in it, didn't you... Yeah, I know. It's just there for size reference.
    A few times during the construction I seriously considered dumping a coke in it...

When you cram things in such close proximity to each other all sorts of insane things start happening... Odd signal noise from harmonic coupling... BLECK! Nasty stuff.

I have a roll of Kapton tape around here I have to find to "completely finalize" this little box.

All junk aside: Thing fits on an 8.5x11in sheet of paper... Now: If I could get it to fit *in* a sheet of paper, that would be awesome.

That would be like those things they used for tv sets/monitors plopped down for viewing on the ol' movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. We're almost there- or getting closer.. maybe 10-20 years out ..