Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tips for Haze fogger?

I may have an opportunity to pick up a nearly-new Chauvet F-1250 fogger for a pretty good price.

For a love of GOD DON'T.

Small one Chauvet F-800. Wasn't that bad because it was old machine. About 3 years of service. Big one is F-1250. After the month the heater was gone. Had to get a new one. Then same happened again. Then controller died. So I give up on it. BTW I'm using only top quality fog fluid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2383.jpg  

I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Cool

Point taken! Thanks guys.

I actually have that same small Chauvet F-800 unit. The pump went bad, and it's stitting on a shelf. I thought maybe their larger units were better made, but apparently not. I'll stay away from them.

Adam

we bought a jem magnum hazer recently. around AUD$1000. It is really, really, really fucking good, and priced nicely.

And its a cracker. not a fogger.

yay.
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

fwiw, I have a 6 year old Chauvet F-1700 (it's called something else now, but they still sell it) that has given me the following problems in the past 6 years (god, has it been that long?)

Cracked fog reservoir, repaired with gaff tape 2 years ago, still fine
    Replaced all feed tubing as it was hard, brittle and cracking, cost about $1.
    Cleaned pump intake filter with compressed air because of diminished output.
    Clean output nozzle periodically with a welding brush, flush the system maybe once every 6 months with distilled water - that is the extent of my maintenance.

It still works great. I think I paid $200 at the time. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if this one died. 6 years for a $200 fogger that puts out TONS of fog is well worth it.

I also own 4 Chauvet Legend 250RXs and a bunch of LED TechnoStrobe RGBs and I have NEVER had a problem with any of them. On the other hand, on of my Martin Wizards took a crap after a year. Generally, you get what you pay for, but I really thing there are diminishing returns on something as utilitarian as a small venue fogger/hazer.

Also, I think the hazer mentioned above also comes with a 2-year warranty from Chauvet as it has DMX built in...

I just picked up a used Lemaitre Neutron XS hazer on eBay and it is the cat's meow. Watch ebay as there are some good deals on the Lemaitre units from time to time.
    Fear Fair - Indiana's Scariest Haunted House
    www.FearFair.com