Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iShow Software w/ USB to ILDA converter box

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    A little unfair on the Admin to blame them for something a user did. Exactly how would they compel a complete stranger to pay you?
    What I meant is, obviously they have no implied warranty to enforce a buy/sell, but they could have used the power of the BAN... once I reported the scam activity to them. They just shrugged and turned the other cheek. A site is only as good as its reputation, and if word gets out that they run a scam operation (whether their encouragement or not) it is not good for traffic. I had the distinct gut feeling that the owner of the site was actually a friend or acquaintance of the scammer in their response. I went for the worst scam of all... someone acting friendly from my original hometown area..

this pics were taken using dt40 scanners

photo using ishow

now using fb3

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Those images certainly point out a difference. Can you display the difference between them with the same image file? Also is it the iShow software or is the iShow hardware that makes poor images? Crap In = Crap Out or is it Good In = Crap Out?

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    is it the iShow software or is the iShow hardware...
    I think it depends on the speed of your CPU processor/USB and the speed of your Laser Scanner. The Software is just a tool. it is like comparing the smoothness of your browser display with internet connection speed.

i dont have an ishow anymore so can provide any new pics
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by PackCat View Post
    What I meant is, obviously they have no implied warranty to enforce a buy/sell, but they could have used the power of the BAN... once I reported the scam activity to them. They just shrugged and turned the other cheek. A site is only as good as its reputation, and if word gets out that they run a scam operation (whether their encouragement or not) it is not good for traffic. I had the distinct gut feeling that the owner of the site was actually a friend or acquaintance of the scammer in their response. I went for the worst scam of all... someone acting friendly from my original hometown area..
    Are you sure this happened at this forum???

Please, enlighten us on the name of this user and the "admin" you spoke with. I feel you are mistaken but definatly have an open mind. The Admin I am familliar with wields his clue by four with integrity and enthusiasm. Most of us woldn't be here if it were not for the Man who keps this place so clean.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

...they could have used the power of the BAN... once I reported the scam activity to them...
    i kind of agree, i know on the (significantly larger) message board i am a moderator of bad traders are banned and titled "bad trader" after its been determined that they are, in fact, a bad trader

Well I was thinking that the vector image looked a bit jaggy to be the advertised 12 bits. In my mind it could be 1 of a couple of things:

1) The image in the software is not of good quality.
    2) The hardware has crappy DACs that are crappy or not 12 bits
    3) The hardware is noisy

I would like to point out that I am not a fanboy of iShow and just am curious to get the real story on it. Most people say throw it in the trash. I am the type of person that says please show me exactly why I should throw it in the trash and then I wonder why is it like that... learning why it is like that is a good lesson for all of us I think.

Question Need details

I sold/traded it to some dumb f*cking redneck in Statesville, NC., that never sent me any money or the trade object. (Fog machine)
    Who was this user? Statesville is very close to the venue location for SELEM, and I am not aware of anyone that lives there. (We've got users in Charlotte, Greensboro, and even Winston-Salem, but I don't know of anyone that lives in Statesville.)

Who did you trade your I-show controller to?

Adam