Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hello to all and PM25 with Scanpro20's

Hi Carl

the cases look great but the size looks a bit tight if you want to upgrade to RGB........ and you know you will

questions ....
    1, what sort of price are they for the ones you have purchased, ?

2, does george do a bigger one or other versions ?

3 what is the thickness of the centre plate ?

all the best ... Karl

Hi Karl

George said I could have two of them for £40 each. I think as a deal with the PM25 I've got coming. Best to get intouch with him. He told me he had about 20 in stock when I ordered mine.

The centreal shelf is of 18 guage sheet steel so if you are thinking of heat dispersion a heat sink may still be needed.

As for me going RGB, it's not going to happen just yet as the PM25 can only work with one colour. George dose do a bigger case for an RGB system but again you will have to contact George about stocks.
    You can see this case on www.chamtech.co.uk and look for the PM23.

Carl

Default The PM25 has landed.

My PM25 has landed at last along with two projector cases.

Photo 1 of the PM25 in it's case with keyboard.
    Attachment 2834

Photo 2 of the projector cases.
    Attachment 2835

Photo 3. Close up of inside case with CNI laser head and Scanners.
    Attachment 2836

I've given the desk a test run but only with single ended signals. I think I'l have to go with deferential signals to get better image quality but still have to clip the signal by half from + - 10v down to + - 5v.

Is there anyone who is going to UKLEM with the know how on tuning Scanners as they may also need tweeking.

Will post some photos of some images ASAP.

Carl

Carl

That Desk looks Mega ....

Makes my old PM20 look a bit grubby now

not that i would part with it ....

all the best .... Karl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laserrig6.jpg  

Hi Carl

Great to see the baby at last - looks real neat - have you had it running yet?
    If you want me to help you with your tuning I dont mind - and im familiar with your scanners.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Hi Guys

Karl.

Don't for love nor money ever part with your PM20. Any controller from ChamTech are great quality units and are also rare as rocking horse s### second hand. The layout of the PM25 may look a bit more up to date but I bet your PM20 has many of the same features. I once had a PM21 but verry reluctantly parted with it as I could not stump up enough cash for a set of good scanner's at the time. A VERY neat looking RACK.

Rob.

I have tryed the desk but only with single ended signals. I am going to use deferential signals when I build the new projectors but could do to do a test setup befor I start the rebuild again to resolve the signal voltage issue first. I sent a PM to Dave at LSP about using the Position Scale pot on the amp board and he said this dose set the input scale but because my desk puts out a 20v P to P signal over the diferential lines and the power supplie for the scanners is only +15v 0 -15v there could be a problem. would you agree? Don't want to try anything that may damage
    my scanners.

And thanks for the offer of help with tuning my scanners if they need it.

Carl

Default PM25 test run

Hi guys

As I mentiond in my last post I have tested the PM25 with my ScanPro20 scanners. They were only connected with single ended signals. The images were all legable but quality is a bit off at the moment. With the likes of scrolling text the letters are quite rounded at the corners and there are gaps between the start and the end of were the letters are scanned. will this be resolved if I use deferential signals. The PM25 has a set scan rate of 18k and can't be altered. Will post some picks of images ASAP.

I also tested the analogue blanking with my new CNI 150mW laser heads and I think I may have a problem with the lasers. When I press the shutter button on the desk to open the laser comes on but I have noteist that the cooling fan on the control board for the laser slows down and the beam power comes on but quikly dips. when I hit the shutter again the beam goes off and the fan picks up speed. Dose this sound like the switch mode power brick (that came with them) is not putting out enough amps.

Any input and advice appreciated

Carl

seems like some thing as simple as a set of four resistors all in series middle to ground your 10 volt board at both ends and the scanpro20 hooked to middle on each side could effectively divide 10 volt supply signal down to 5 volts at the input unless the ground created some problems

mount a meter on that supply and monitor the output for a voltage foldback or better yet two and monitor current and see if it exceeds specifications

could you just use a 2 to 1 ratio center tapped audio transformer as it would have the added advantage of isolation of signals grounding???????????????????????????????????