Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hello to all and PM25 with Scanpro20's

Assuming someone is using a scanpro20 (I Am ) or similar setup how could a person deal with issue of connecting 3x RGB 5v ttl blanking signals to one or two lasers currently unless I want to lose my preprogrammed image color elements I must forgo using blanking and live with intertrace lines it seems like tying together multiple analog RGB blanking in a RGY projector would be daunting?????? How do software ILDA applications deal with displaying 3 color images on 1-2 color projectors??? Any insight from gurus appreciated greatly!!

Hi Carl
    heres what you have to look forward to
    XTCYW in verdana scanned at 18k & 25 degrees using the same (re-tuned) scanners as you.
    Strangely the smaller the scan angle the less well defined the characters are.
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xtcyw.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Holy *** Stanwax, that is amazing. My Scanpro20k looks a bit better then carl_b, but yours is crisp!

I'll try to tune mine after I get my "Single end to Differential signal" schematic from pangolin. I have an FB3 at the moment, and my scanangle is 50% (20degrees) at full input.

Regards,
    Wim

Hi Rob

That is F###ing great. I am going to be so frustrated now knowing how good my text could be. The meet just won't come fast enough for me now. Would you say it is my tuning as both of my projectors scan the text in the same way. I've viewed the text and other images on a scope and it looks just like the text in your photo so the desk output is ok. As you said in your last post, I finde the text looks better when scanned larger.

Just been to CPC for parts so I can start fitting out my new cases. Will photo my progress when I get started.

Carl

I must admit I wasnt expecting to get them as good as this - and though Im sure there are scanners out there that will kick their ass at 20k - not for scanpro money - these are bloody fantastic for the money!
    Hivolt - if you wanna have a go at tune and you need some pointers, drop me a line and I will try and help
    Carl - I too cant wait for the meet - maybe for different reasons to you & I cant wait to see your next picture installment
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Oh, thanks Stanwax, I've read some guides at laserfx and buffo's manual, but I'm currently in the process of building my first scanner:
    FB3, Scanpro20k, 100mw Green (CNI lasershowparts), 70mw blue and 120mw 635 red from laserwave. (These are low powers because I just want to use it in my house.)

I'm also gonna wait for pangolins differential board for the FB3 before I try to tune anything, because i only have half the scanangle now.

I'll post some pics when the scanner is assembled and i'll shoot you a PM notification then.

Cya,
    Wim

Hi People

I just got started on fitting out the first of my new enclosures. Dispite doing a degree of planning of the layout of parts, I still managed to drill a couple of holes in the wrong place (only by 4mm). Anyway photos of my progress so far.

Photos 1 & 2 showing the optical side of the centreal shelf. The Galvos and mirror still need to be fitted.
    Attachment 2943
    Attachment 2944

Photos 3 & 4 show the underside of the shelf. Like the galvos, the amps still need fitting. They will be fastend to the heatsink to the right of the grey switch mode power unit.
    Attachment 2945
    Attachment 2946

Once I've finnished fitting the galvos,amps and mirror the next job will be to wire it all together.

Bye for now.

Carl
    Last edited by Carl B; 07-06-2008 at 01:54.

Nice work Carl - better get a move on if they are to be ready for next Sunday

Rob

Hi Rob

Hope to have it all wired up and tested for wednesday. The connector on the back is a 9pin D type. Will you still be able to put the ILDA TP though my projector?

By the way are you sure that was the GP you went to see. I had to check the TV guide to make sure it was'nt Dancing on Ice the way Massa was driving. Excelent drive by Hamilton.

Carl
    Last edited by Carl B; 07-07-2008 at 10:34.

9 pin!! - is this just to be awkward Im sure we can frig a conncector to make it work.
    As for GP yes Massa was in a leauge of his own - unfortunately it was the amatuer league!
    Hamilton did drive a fantastic race but so did Rubens in the lowley honda. Best race of the season! Just fantastic and worth getting wet for.

Rob