Thread: La Linea

Default La Linea

I've wanted to convert la linea to a laser format for quite some time now, but it wasn't until I learned that TraceIT is actually free for FB3 owners as well that I actually realized it.

Now, while la linea should be very nice and easy to trace I found that it was actually much harder than expected to get good results. Since this is my first time using TraceIT I'm probably not doing it optimally though.

For those of you who are not familiar with la linea I included the source in the folder.

The "show" is available in ILDA- as well as LAStudio show format. For those of you who are Pangolin owners I recommend the latter as you should be able to play the file directly with synced audio. Not sure about the frame rate in the ILDA-file, but it's set to 20 fps in showrider.

Well, enough with the talking... here's the stuff (hosted on my old laptop ):
    http://tocket.mine.nu/laser/shows/linea/

I will have to check back to see what this says later - once its in english again...

Here is my version of convertion.
    It's a small cut just to show.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

I was thinking this morning that La Linea would be great for laser animations! And then I thought let me search the forum before posting the idea, and would you believe it! This is cool thanks!

Warning- this is 10 minutes of your life you won't get back, but I always liked this one, even as a kid:

The Dot and the Line: A Romance in Lower Mathematics

Thumbs up Thumbs up for a blast from the past!

Oh wow... Donald in Mathamagic Land... I remember watching that movie in 7th grade. Awesome!

Adam

You can see that it's doing an edge detection algorithm on the video so there are two bounding lines.. can you make it draw a single line in the center of the thick line?

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Oh wow... Donald in Mathamagic Land... I remember watching that movie in 7th grade. Awesome!

Adam
    i had that video as a little kid on VHS... i played it so many times most of it was losing its color information and it sounded all wobbley lol

Cool

We actually watched it in class on a 16 mm movie reel. I've seen it at least 3 or 4 times, but when I saw the link I just had to watch it again.

Always wanted to try the billiards trick to see if it really worked...

Adam