Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti Laser Show software - downloadable

Default Spaghetti Laser Show software - downloadable

I have created a web page and put my Spaghetti laser software on it for download.

You probably need the latest DirectX and all of the .NET frameworks installed to run it. Honestly, I don't know what the dependencies are at the moment. All I know is that it runs on my development PC.

The software is safe - it won't hurt your computer - but there are bugs in it and I don't even have all the features in it that will go into the final product. But, for those of you who like to play with Pre-Alpha software here it is. Feel free to ask questions.

Go to the Downloads page at my website and you will find a link:
    www.harperingenuities.com

Feedback is encouraged and welcome but it will be taken lightly at this point because this is development software.

PS - The effects aren't currently hooked up and although the software allows for multiple layers, I don't have a button to add them. LOL. In the near future those features will be enabled as well as others.
    Last edited by carmangary; 02-17-2008 at 07:21.

Default Download file fixed

FYI: In case anyone tried to download the file and got a corrupt file that is because Office Live has a problem with ZIP files. I reuploaded the file as a RAR file and it seems OK now. You will need something like WinRAR to uncompress it.

Has anyone tried installing and running it, yet? It really isn't worth running at this point but for those who have tried I am curious to see if you could even get it installed/running. When I tried it on a clean box it wouldn't work install because it said I needed to have Microsoft.DirectX in the global assembly cache. I installed the latest DirectX version from the Microsoft website and it worked after that, though.

I used a Virtual Machine for testing. OS is XP SP2, all updates -> Feb. 2008.
    Spaghetti-Setup automatically downloaded and installed the .NET Framework 3.5.
    After that was done the Setup failed with this message:

If you install the latest DirectX from Microsoft that error will go away. Here is a link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to make the installer automatically do it for you. Sorry about that.

Hi

I tried installing, but hangs when downloading the required Net. 3.5.??

What does the software do ???

W.

I don't know why it would hang when downloading .NET 3.5. The part that checks for and downloads that was added automatically by the installer... so I don't have any control over it. As a workaround, you can probably install .NET 3.5 on your on beforehand. You can get it here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

To answer your question, which software are you refering to? .NET 3.5 is a .NET class library that I use. I'm specifically using the new Linq stuff in it. The Spaghetti software is software for creating and viewing laser shows.

I can't get it to work with my dac, maybe include a way to select which port to use
    nice work though

It only works with Moncha DAC. Which one do you have? I'll add support for other DACs in the future but Moncha is the only DAC I have so that's all I am supporting for now. If someone wants to write a compatible driver for a different DAC that might be possible and they can contact me if interested.

Seems to work, although I did not tested it with my mocha dac.
    I get an error when I press the bpm button twice, not sure what it should do though.
    The way of dragging of scenes along the timeline is not intuitive for me, maybe thats because I'm used to mamba.