Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AVI to ILDA converter

Question AVI to ILDA converter

Hi all,

Any idea's how I can convert my 3ds max .avi files that I have created into .ilda ?

Finding 3ds max nice to use for 3d work and animation, used "electric rain", I think to render in single line... just need to convert now....?

any help appresiated.

w.

I'll do some more tutorial on the subject. Converting AVI to ILDA? Are those AVI in lossless with 1024x1024. If not is better to re render each frame to BMP/TIFF and use Traceit. As far as I know there is no tracing tools as good as TraceIt. There is a protize converter from Laseranimation but it only works with Lasergrap DSP stations.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

I can re- render the file to lossless and 1024 x 1024. Mind sharing how you convert to .ilda?

w.

I'll do tutorial as soon as I can.
    What you do is to save every frame as BMP 1024x1024. I know you will end up with many files but it's easier this way. Then you import first frame. Adjust it and then import there rest selecting last frame first and then second frame.

Hi,

Send me *.max file (laserkiev_a_ukr.net), may be I can help you.

Best regards!
    Ruslan

hi Ruslan,

thank you for the offer, I really need a solution to the problem rather than me depending on other fellow laserists to help me out...

great of you for offering to assist though...

Lightbulb Pangolin works with 3D Studio Max...

Werner;

Which software package are you using to control your lasers? Reason I ask is that if you already have 3D Studio Max, then it makes good sense to buy a Pangolin QM-2000 system. Pangolin will sell you the plug-in that allows you to render objects from 3D Studio Max directly to the QM-2000 board. It's seamless and completely transparent.

I've seen this plug-in in action, and it is nothing short of amazing. It works in real time for previews. Rendering animations takes a little bit longer, but it's much faster than waiting for a scanline image to be generated. (Not to mention the time required for a full raytrace!)

Give Bill Benner a call and ask him about the software. It's really amazing stuff! (Or have a look at the Pangolin.com website and check out the details they have posted there about the 3D Studio Max plug-in.)

Adam

Buffo thats about $4000 worth the advise!

Not even close, Dr Laser.

The 3D Studio Max plug in can be purchased ala carte. If Werner is already running a QM-2000, then the cost of the plug in will be his only cost. (That's why I asked him which software package he was using.)

Even if he doesn't have a QM-2000, the intro board only costs $1500. I don't know exactly how much Bill is charging for the plug-in, but it's not $2500.

Besides, the retail price on 3D Studio Max is $4000 by itself, yet Werner already paid that...

Adam

don't know exactly how much Bill is charging for the plug-in, but it's not $2500.
    Not exactly but very close